Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baro vs Wineland set as Main Event at UFC 161 for the Interim Belt

This is the championship fight in my eyes. Cruz does not hold a belt now and needs to fight one or two fights before getting another shot. As for Eddie...I like this match, he's coming off two wins, one of those KO but prior to this 2 losses. Anyway, he's not a bad matchup...much better than some that have been happening. I hope for a good fight but this seems like one that Barao can win or lose depending on what he does. Eddie is a gamer so this should be fun to watch if nothing else.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Nice to have an interim belt defended with regularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

i'm a big wineland fan, but i must admit, i dont see him winning this. nevertheless, it's good to see the interim bantamweight title not being defended on cable tv; these guys deserve to be on ppv. looking at the card for winnipeg, it's fuckin stacked too. cant wait for the whole card.

it does suck for my man cruz though

Just promote Barao to champ already

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Just promote Barao to champ already
    They will not do that until it looks like Cruz will never return. The only Interim champ to ever be promoted was AA and that was because no one really knew if Mir would ever fight again after the motorcycle crash.

And Barao should not be promoted to champ anyway. Cruz is the champion, the guy defended his title 4 times and should not lose the belt until someone actually beats him for it.

I think when Barao v. Cruz finally happens everyone will be picking Barao because we will all forget just how good Cruz is. But when the fight happens he is going to fight circles around Barao and remind the world that he is one of the P4P best fighters.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post

I think when Barao v. Cruz finally happens everyone will be picking Barao because we will all forget just how good Cruz is. But when the fight happens he is going to fight circles around Barao and remind the world that he is one of the P4P best fighters.
    No, we will all pick Barao because Cruz wouldn't have fought in almost 2 years by the time this fight roles around.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No, we will all pick Barao because Cruz wouldn't have fought in almost 2 years by the time this fight roles around.
    I don't think a guy like Cruz will have ring rust. He is a lot like GSP where is pretty much nothing but a gym rat. This is the same injury GSP had and he showed no signs of ring rust whatsoever. I know Cruz will be out slightly longer then GSP but I do not think it will have any overall effect on him.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I don't think a guy like Cruz will have ring rust. He is a lot like GSP where is pretty much nothing but a gym rat. This is the same injury GSP had and he showed no signs of ring rust whatsoever. I know Cruz will be out slightly longer then GSP but I do not think it will have any overall effect on him.
    Agree to disagree. Regardless, I hope he comes back soon.

the big difference between Cruz and GSP is their movement. Cruz's movement when he throws punches and sets up other things is so fast and explosive and a two year layoff will more likely than not affect this part of his game.

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Barao is nasty. he's got the belt and fighting anyone put in front of him. Some other people should take note of this oddity
    LJS-NEMS

Thread Information