Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman CONFIRMED for UFC 162 Main Event.

Just for the all the whiny Weidman believers who complain that Anderson ducks everyone in the game:

I will take a year-long, monthly changeable sig-bet with anyone who wants to take Weidman over Anderson. This is my first bet offer on this site as I'm mostly just a reader.

2. Default

Glad to see the fight set to happen. My thoughts are Anderson hates to train for wrestlers and trys to avoid it if he can. He likes to showcase his strenghts which is striking offense & defense. Have to admit the ground game is his weakest armour. I believe Anderson is like a spoiled kid who got use to getting what ever he wanted.
    On "DUCKING" if he finally fights Wiedman doesn't change the fact he tried to avoid fighting him. I don't see it as fear just hates that style of fighting.

I think all the "ducking" bullshit will be put to rest after he proves in this fight that Weidman, and everyone in the MW division pretty much, has nothing to offer A. Silva.

I predict an embarrassing Forest Griffin style destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    On "DUCKING" if he finally fights Wiedman doesn't change the fact he tried to avoid fighting him. I don't see it as fear just hates that style of fighting.
    See Cat, I was pretty close. Its basically what i said in a nutshell and it only took 11 comments on this thread before it came up

I mean you can see it as avoiding a guy who only has 9 fights in the UFC or you can see it as a guy who probably only has 4-5 fights left in the UFC trying to take the biggest fights against the toughest fighters in the twilight of a brilliant career.

No one will even bring this fight up after Silva retires if he destroys Weidman. This fight only works in Chris' favor when it comes to legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I can already hear it now; "But he didnt fight him before he got hurt so he still ducked him"
    See Cat, I was pretty close. Its basically what i said in a nutshell and it only took 11 comments on this thread before it came up
    Yaaaaa, not quite.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Dude, we seem to agree on alot of things so I won't flip out here, but you aren't proving anything. Just because you knew that people would point it out doesn't make them wrong. He wanted Bisping and then Rashad, after they both lost he even threw a couple of names out there including Chung Le and Rich Franklin. He is out of choices so he is accepting the fight that he should be fighting, but it is sure as hell a fight that he has been avoiding. Blame the lesser pay day, blame the UFC for allowing champs to avoid the #1 contender due to their formerly nonexistent/now laughable rankings structure, and while I understand those points, I still do not respect Anderson for working the system.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Silva and/or his team, did in fact try to avoid this match up. If you think otherwise you're delusional.

Glad they made this fight. Can't wait to see how big they decide to go for this card. Hope they stack the shit out of it.

Glad to see the fight set to happen. My thoughts are Anderson hates to train for wrestlers and trys to avoid it if he can. He likes to showcase his strenghts which is striking offense & defense. Have to admit the ground game is his weakest armour. I believe Anderson is like a spoiled kid who got use to getting what ever he wanted.
    I agree.

hahaha, you're clearly a hater, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    I think all the "ducking" bullshit will be put to rest after he proves in this fight that Weidman, and everyone in the MW division pretty much, has nothing to offer A. Silva.
    Do you understand what the concern was in the first place?

What's better? A champion who actively seeks out the best contender in his weightclass to defend against; or a champion who literally has to be forced to face the best contender in his weight class?

I predict an embarrassing Forest Griffin style destruction.
    I think Anderson beats him 7 out of 10, and in a dominant style.

It doesn't change the fact that a champion had to be forced to fight the #1 contender.

No, it wasn't close. You don't understand the difference, either.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information