+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman CONFIRMED for UFC 162 Main Event.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Dude, we seem to agree on alot of things so I won't flip out here, but you aren't proving anything. Just because you knew that people would point it out doesn't make them wrong. He wanted Bisping and then Rashad, after they both lost he even threw a couple of names out there including Chung Le and Rich Franklin. He is out of choices so he is accepting the fight that he should be fighting, but it is sure as hell a fight that he has been avoiding. Blame the lesser pay day, blame the UFC for allowing champs to avoid the #1 contender due to their formerly nonexistent/now laughable rankings structure, and while I understand those points, I still do not respect Anderson for working the system.
    He can say he wants to fight Cain, Fedor, Frankie Edgar, Cruz with a torn ACL or anyone else he wants. Its not up to him who he fights, its up to Joe Silva and the UFC. AS didnt duck anyone.

If the UFC went to AS and said, your fighting Weidman next heres the contract he signed it already now you have to and he said "No, im not fighting him" then yes i would agree that he ducked weidman, but that isnt the case.

WE'RE NOT HERE TO TAKE PART, WE'RE HERE TO TAKE OVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    AS didnt duck anyone.
    You're certainly welcome to your opinion.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Where is Rampage###? I'd think he'd be all over this thread. Is he on timeout? lol.

4. Default

Sorry buddy, but I can't agree with you on this one. Anderson and his camp made an effort to discredit Weidman in order to persuade the public/UFC brass that he doesn't deserve the titleshot.

Thankfully, like you said, it is up to Joe Silva/Dana White to determine who he has to fight. Otherwise, I have no doubt that Anderson would have chosen to not fight the number 1 contender in his weight class.

To be fair, I don't think Anderson tried ducking Weidman because he is afraid of him. It's just not a favorable risk/reward ratio in Anderson's opinion. But as a champion, you shouldn't be able to pick and choose who you think the #1 contender should be... :cough: Georges :cough:

Where is Rampage###? I'd think he'd be all over this thread. Is he on timeout? lol.
    Where have you been? He took things too personal, made physical threats, and then made a comment about fornicating with Riv's 2 year old kid. It's a shame too, because as misguided as some of his posts were, he wasn't a terrible poster. He just needed to learn how to control his emotions better.
    Last edited by H0SS; 03-06-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Sorry buddy, but I can't agree with you on this one. Anderson and his camp made an effort to discredit Weidman in order to persuade the public/UFC brass that he doesn't deserve the titleshot.

Thankfully, like you said, it is up to Joe Silva/Dana White to determine who he has to fight. Otherwise, I have no doubt that Anderson would have chosen to not fight the number 1 contender in his weight class.

To be fair, I don't think Anderson tried ducking Weidman because he is afraid of him. It's just not a favorable risk/reward ratio in Anderson's opinion. But as a champion, you shouldn't be able to pick and choose who you think the #1 contender should be... :cough: Georges :cough:

Where have you been? He took things too personal, made physical threats, and then made a comment about fornicating with Riv's 2 year old kid. It's a shame too, because as misguided as some of his posts were, he wasn't a terrible poster. He just needed to learn how to control his emotions better.
    Holy shit!? So I'm gonna go ahead and assume he is gone forever. lol. I havent been on here much because ive been pretty busy at work and at home with the baby; so I must have missed that thread.

What was the thread topic? If you remember...

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Glad to see the fight set to happen. My thoughts are Anderson hates to train for wrestlers and trys to avoid it if he can. He likes to showcase his strenghts which is striking offense & defense. Have to admit the ground game is his weakest armour. I believe Anderson is like a spoiled kid who got use to getting what ever he wanted.
    On "DUCKING" if he finally fights Wiedman doesn't change the fact he tried to avoid fighting him. I don't see it as fear just hates that style of fighting.
    Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Okami, Chael Sonnen. That's a pretty good list of wrestlers. I don't think he complained about fighting Nate, Dan or Okami. He might have when it came to rematches, but that an entirely different story.

Hellyeah.

Well it be just another top contender that Anderson finishes and makes look like an amateur in the process?

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Hellyeah.

Well it be just another top contender that Anderson finishes and makes look like an amateur in the process?
    Most likely. My opinion? Weidman earned the right to likely be made to look like a rank amateur by Silva. Certainly more so than anyone else at 185.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information