Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman CONFIRMED for UFC 162 Main Event.

I will be first to say that if Silva loses or has a poor performance, it will be due to 'injury'. It took damn near a year for him to finally shut up and take the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I will be first to say that if Silva loses or has a poor performance, it will be due to 'injury'. It took damn near a year for him to finally shut up and take the fight.
    Agreed. Some people still do not understand how good and unbelievably gifted Chris Weidman is. I've trained with him in Long Island before his UFC fight and not that I am his size or as good but he is VERY crafty and simply understands grappling dynamics/physics...as evident by his extremely competitive ADCC performance with 6 months of BJJ training.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Agreed. Some people still do not understand how good and unbelievably gifted Chris Weidman is. I've trained with him in Long Island before his UFC fight and not that I am his size or as good but he is VERY crafty and simply understands grappling dynamics/physics...as evident by his extremely competitive ADCC performance with 6 months of BJJ training.
    Homeboy is getting destroyed. Period.

The Spider 2nd round KO.

Amazing that people use the same fighter to justify Weidman's title shot, that they say was not a legit contender for Anderson? How can Maia be both? Or is it Munoz, the guy who is some how legit for beating that exact same fighter? Or is it Leben the guy Anderson mauled in his first fight in?

I'm all for Anderson doing superfights or fighting in the lhw division for as long as it takes for the MW division to start producing some real contenders. Getting a shot with the greatest fighter of all time because freakin bisping lost? LOL Wow, what a deep division.

Anderson destroyed that division, it needs some time to heal up. Make a interim champ, set up a fight on new years, money all day long. Chris "who?" Weidman right now is just another fight, but on New years, Chris "interim champ" Weidman is huge.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Most likely. My opinion? Weidman earned the right to likely be made to look like a rank amateur by Silva. Certainly more so than anyone else at 185.
    Agreed, he's earned the right to be made look like a child. lol.

It wouldn't surprise me too much tho if he puts up a pretty good fight, and possibly beats Anderson, though.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Amazing that people use the same fighter to justify Weidman's title shot, that they say was not a legit contender for Anderson? How can Maia be both? Or is it Munoz, the guy who is some how legit for beating that exact same fighter? Or is it Leben the guy Anderson mauled in his first fight in?

I'm all for Anderson doing superfights or fighting in the lhw division for as long as it takes for the MW division to start producing some real contenders. Getting a shot with the greatest fighter of all time because freakin bisping lost? LOL Wow, what a deep division.

Anderson destroyed that division, it needs some time to heal up. Make a interim champ, set up a fight on new years, money all day long. Chris "who?" Weidman right now is just another fight, but on New years, Chris "interim champ" Weidman is huge.
    Weidman deserved it before Bisping lost. Bisping was just gonna be the bullshit reason for Weidman getting screwed. To answer your complaint about the lack of a challenge for the goat, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the champ needs to continually prove he is worthy of the belt, not the other way around. I don't care if the #1 contender is a quadriplegic 8 year old girl, if she is the #1 contender, the champ should be fighting her. If the division is so empty then the champ should have no problem extending his championship run, his paydays, and his legacy. Fuck, when did Anderson become bigger than the title?
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    Just for the all the whiny Weidman believers who complain that Anderson ducks everyone in the game:

I will take a year-long, monthly changeable sig-bet with anyone who wants to take Weidman over Anderson. This is my first bet offer on this site as I'm mostly just a reader.
    A fools wager.... happily received.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Where is Rampage###? I'd think he'd be all over this thread. Is he on timeout? lol.
    Perhaps he is tired of beating a dead horse. As long as people have so much hatred and animosity towards Silva and his camp he will continue to find himself in a catch 22 situation. No matter whom he wishes to fight, whom he beats and how he wins he will continue being the whipping boy until he falls.

His success in the octagon is only rivaled by people's desire to see him fall from grace.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 03-07-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Meh, title shots after a long layoff just don't do it for me. I wish Weidman the best and I'm glad he's getting a money fight after the hurricane. But not sure this as his return fight is doing him any favors.

I think this looks a lot like Silva/Okami II.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Finally set in stone, now can the AS haters get off the "ducking" train.

I can already hear it now; "But he didnt fight him before he got hurt so he still ducked him"
    As pointed out many times the fact he finally got forced into this fight doesn't change that he tried really hard to avoid this matchup for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    Just for the all the whiny Weidman believers who complain that Anderson ducks everyone in the game:

I will take a year-long, monthly changeable sig-bet with anyone who wants to take Weidman over Anderson. This is my first bet offer on this site as I'm mostly just a reader.
    Awesome! So we get to have sig bet with someone who never posts and they want to take the clear favorite. Sounds like a great deal, where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Okami, Chael Sonnen. That's a pretty good list of wrestlers. I don't think he complained about fighting Nate, Dan or Okami. He might have when it came to rematches, but that an entirely different story.
    He didn't have the political stock to try and avoid the first fight with any of those guys. He certainly didn't want to fight Dan, Nate or Chael when their names came around again though. Without rematches we never would have seen Rampage-Silva III.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Thread Information