+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman CONFIRMED for UFC 162 Main Event.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    But I can't help but have a gut feeling that if Bisping had beaten Belfort and moved up to the number one spot and gotten the title shot, some of the same people making the case for Weidman to get a shot would be the people saying that the rankings are bullshit and that Bisping didn't deserve the shot even if he was "ranked" as number one....
    Why does that matter? This is arguing over hypothetical arguing... It's this level of shit that turns these threads into crapfests instead of MMA discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Well would you look at that, now lets stfu about the drama behind this fight happening.
    You, sir, win an award. Enjoy your trophy:

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Amazing that people use the same fighter to justify Weidman's title shot, that they say was not a legit contender for Anderson? How can Maia be both? Or is it Munoz, the guy who is some how legit for beating that exact same fighter? Or is it Leben the guy Anderson mauled in his first fight in?

I'm all for Anderson doing superfights or fighting in the lhw division for as long as it takes for the MW division to start producing some real contenders. Getting a shot with the greatest fighter of all time because freakin bisping lost? LOL Wow, what a deep division.

Anderson destroyed that division, it needs some time to heal up. Make a interim champ, set up a fight on new years, money all day long. Chris "who?" Weidman right now is just another fight, but on New years, Chris "interim champ" Weidman is huge.
    That's alot of bitching and whining.

Who is higher ranked than Weidman aside from Anderson?

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    sure. what terms? No finish, Weidman wins, what have you?
    hmmmm.

What the hell. If Anderson doesnt finish Weidman then I lose. If he does, then you lose. 1 month sig bet.

Deal *spits in hand*

All that I can assume is that GSP fervently denied the matchup with Anderson. So, looks like GSP will be matching up with Hendricks, barring a huge under the table check from Zuffa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    All that I can assume is that GSP fervently denied the matchup with Anderson. So, looks like GSP will be matching up with Hendricks, barring a huge under the table check from Zuffa.
    And barring a Condit upset... WW contendership gets messy if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    And barring a Condit upset... WW contendership gets messy if that happens.
    I'm not convinced it would actually be an upset if Condit wins, but it would serve zuffa right if their order got screwed up and they recieved mainstream criticism for giving their champs vanity fights.

It would really suck for hendricks though.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm not convinced it would actually be an upset if Condit wins, but it would serve zuffa right if their order got screwed up and they recieved mainstream criticism for giving their champs vanity fights.

It would really suck for hendricks though.

rh
    I wouldn't call it an upset either; I think I'm taking Condit in this one. But the Vegas odds were for Hendricks, slightly, the last I saw.

It would be really terrible for Hendricks, just at a basic level I'd feel bad for him. That said, Condit isn't as stationary as Kampmann and will out-strike Hendricks if he pulls that overhand, overhand, overhand stuff he did in the Kos fight.

One of those fights where I'll be on the edge of my seat b/c I don't want either guy to lose.

I'll take a name bet for any length of time that Weidman will be new champ after this fight.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

It seems that most are initially confident when fighting or preparing to fight Anderson. Those feelings/emotions seem to change when the reality sets in and they see Silva standing on the opposite side of the octagon waiting for the ref to start the match; that or when Anderson defends/sloughs off his opponent's bread-and-butter.

Hopefully Weidman can keep it competitive, but I see Anderson finishing him, especially if Chris breaks mentally. Athletes seem to change when competing against Anderson, with the exception of Chael, that is. He still has his soul.

BP
    Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 03-08-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: I know I'm setting up that last sentence for a(n) "until Jones take it" response. Lol
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I'll take a name bet for any length of time that Weidman will be new champ after this fight.
    I'll take that bet 1000 times, you got yourself a deal sir. (that is only if some freak thing doesnt happen and AS retires or vacates the belt for some unknown reason after he beats Weidman)

i'll let you pick how long its for.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information