Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman CONFIRMED for UFC 162 Main Event.

How long did AS try to avoid the Weidman match? That'll be how long our bet is. 6 months work??
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

6 months is cool with me

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    How long did AS try to avoid the Weidman match? That'll be how long our bet is. 6 months work??
    How about a sig bet? Same amount of time.

Whatever you guys come up with--i.e., Anderson must finish him in before the end of round x or whaterver--make sure you have your terms posted in the bets thread right before the fight.

We've had issues with members punkassing on bets in the recent past, and it gets annoying for admin. Losers are expected to sign in within 24 hours of the fight, check with the winner, and contact admin with whatever changes.

If you're doing photos for sigs or avs, make sure it follows the guidelines set for general use, not too big, not obscene, etc.

enjoy...

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Weidman is probably the last MW that offers any kind of match-up poblems for Silva and will basically be the last stand for any MW fighting Silva.

This fight comes down can Weidman handle the stand-up long enough to put Silva on the mat and work his ground game. Weidman has a great wrestling game but he lacks the size or explosive power that someone like Sonnen brought to the table against Silva. If he does get him to the ground Silva will be in a world of trouble because Weidman is a killer on the ground and can do some serious damage.

I am taking Silva by TKO late in the 2nd round. Weidman will have trouble getting takedows and will score one late in the first and give Silva a few moments of danger before the bell saves him. In the 2nd Weidman will have taken too much damage to score another takedown, Silva smells blood and finishes him off with less then 10 seconds left. People on the MMA news forum will debate for 8 months whether or not the ref should have let Weidman go into the 3rd round.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Weidman deserved it before Bisping lost. Bisping was just gonna be the bullshit reason for Weidman getting screwed. To answer your complaint about the lack of a challenge for the goat, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the champ needs to continually prove he is worthy of the belt, not the other way around. I don't care if the #1 contender is a quadriplegic 8 year old girl, if she is the #1 contender, the champ should be fighting her. If the division is so empty then the champ should have no problem extending his championship run, his paydays, and his legacy. Fuck, when did Anderson become bigger than the title?
    He became bigger than the title when he became the greatest of all time. Think about it. GOAT vs. UFC's MW title.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    That's alot of bitching and whining.

Who is higher ranked than Weidman aside from Anderson?

Exactly.
    No that's a lot of facts. And when Anderson destroys this guy that he has been accused of ducking by the same tired as peanut gallery that thought Nate, Chael, etc. could beat him if they got "just one more try", maybe it will be time for them to come to the realization that they don't have any business even opening up a thread about Anderson.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    He became bigger than the title when he became the greatest of all time. Think about it. GOAT vs. UFC's MW title.
    weellllll, since that's only happened in the minds of Anderson fanboys, I'm going to go ahead and disagree.

There is no definitive, undeniable GOAT in MMA.

If he's bigger than the MW title, he should just leave it to people who actually have an interest in defending it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    No that's a lot of facts. And when Anderson destroys this guy that he has been accused of ducking by the same tired as peanut gallery that thought Nate, Chael, etc. could beat him if they got "just one more try", maybe it will be time for them to come to the realization that they don't have any business even opening up a thread about Anderson.
    ...you realize that Nate--or Hendo--never got "one more try" so nothing you've stated makes any actual sense? I never thought sonnen would beat him. Anderson wins that fight 99 out of 100 times.

But thanks for pretending that you have any business telling people what they're opinions should be. I hope you can still fit into your miniskirt and can find your pom poms when the object of your affection finally deigns to face a contender again...even though he's been wildly favored to beat Weidman the whole time.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    I'll take that bet 1000 times, you got yourself a deal sir. (that is only if some freak thing doesnt happen and AS retires or vacates the belt for some unknown reason after he beats Weidman)

i'll let you pick how long its for.
    You shouldn't make this bet.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Gsp says Weidman will not only beat silva but he will finish him too.

GSP: Weidman will beat & finish Silva - YouTube

Thread Information