Thread: Erick Silva fights John Hathaway at TUF Brazil 2 Finale on June 8th

1. Default Erick Silva fights John Hathaway at TUF Brazil 2 Finale on June 8th

Erick Silva fights John Hathaway at TUF Brazil 2 Finale on June 8th - Bloody Elbow

What's that? More fight announcements? You don't say! We have a new fight coming up for June 8th as Brazilian welterweight prospect Erick Silva battles England's John Hathaway on the TUF Brazil 2 Finale. The matchup was first reported by Globo's Ivan Raupp and later confirmed by the UFC:

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight

#FUELTV10!!! @arielhelwani: RT @IvanRaupp: Breaking: Erick Silva VS John Hathaway on #FUELTV10 Erick Silva enfrenta John Hathaway na final do TUF Brasil 2, em junho | sportv.com
    5:53 AM - 07 Mar 13

Silva (14-3) impressed in his first three fights, including a submission win over Charlie Brenneman and a KO over Luis Ramos in his debut. Even his loss to Carlo Prater was a 30 second domination until he was DQ'd for illegal shots to the back of the head. The 28-year-old was given his stiffest test by far in Jon Fitch at UFC 153, and lost by unanimous decision but gaining FOTN honors for a terrific contest. Silva was due to fight Jay Hieron at UFC 156, but an injury forced him off the card.

Hathaway (17-1) was considered a rising contender at 170 lbs when he upset Diego Sanchez at UFC 114, but his loss to Mike Pyle at UFC 120 brought those lofty expectations back down to Earth. The 25-year-old has quietly won his last 3, all by decision, but hasn't finished a fight since his UFC debut against Tom Egan back in 2009.

The TUF Brazil 2 Finale doubles as UFC on Fuel TV 10, and will take place in Fortaleza, Brazil on June 8th. Coaches Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum will headline the event. This season of TUF Brazil is centered around lightweights and welterweights.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Hathaway via 1st rd DQ

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Here's hoping Silva uncorks alot early one and we don't have to sit through another John "Ambien" Hathaway snoozefest.

Silva by destructionfest.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

<.< I wanted to see him get Kos, seeing as Kos always gets Fitch scraps.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information