Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Overeem injured, out of fight against jds

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well I don't understand why some fighters can have the fights they want even if those fights make no sense at all and others do not have the same privilege.
    I see that you are taking a shot at GSP here and i dont really understand how this is confusing for you?

Mark Hunt - 4 fight win streak, biggest win = Struve (or Kongo, depends where you rank Kongo on your rankings)

GSP - on a 10 fight win streak (and 16 of 17), has defended the WW title 8 straight times, is the biggest PPV draw in the UFC, etc., etc.

Thats why GSP can ask to fight someone and they make that fight happen. When Hunt does what GSP has done only THEN can he ask to fight certain people.

Thank you but I was actually referring to Chael Sonnen.

In other things Dana White said that Hunt actually turned down the JDS fight.
    But you know, he also said that Miesha Tate turned down the rematch with Rousey and few days later Miesha said that she was not even asked about that.
    Last edited by Pasha K; 03-07-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Overeem comes in with incredibly low testosterone after getting utterly KTFO'd and he takes the next fight off, eh?

That's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Mark Hunt is the real-life embodiment of the fighter AO would like to be.

rh
    Couldn't agree more.

Hunt is a badass. Great chin, KO power, casual-laid back approach to fighting. The man fights cause he loves to fight. He's got that demeanor of being a no nonsense, "let me just fight" kinda way about him. He hardly speaks but gets the respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Overeem comes in with incredibly low testosterone after getting utterly KTFO'd and he takes the next fight off, eh?

That's about right.
    I'm guessing his steroid shipment was late. Threw his schedule right off for cycling out before fight time.
    Last edited by MMA4EVERRR; 03-08-2013 at 12:37 AM.

5. Default

Dana White says Mark Hunt turned down UFC 160 fight with Junior dos Santos | News

Mark Hunt (9-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) had an opportunity to replace injured Alistair Overeem (36-12 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and fight Junior dos Santos (15-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) but turned it down, according to UFC President Dana White.

Overeem bowed out of the UFC 160 bout on Wednesday due to a thigh injury, and as MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) reported earlier today, White later said his fight with former heavyweight champ dos Santos will be rebooked for the summer.

But Hunt? White said he wasn't interested.

"Hey dummy Mark Hunt turned down the fight with JDS as of last night so STFU when u don't know what ur talkin about," White tweeted in response to one of his followers.
    He then suggested a big fight could be in order for the New Zealand kickboxer, who recently demolished Stefan Struve in this past week's UFC on FUEL TV 8 co-headliner in Japan. It marked Hunt's fourth straight win and continued a recent career resurgence.

"With his win last week he broke into the top 10," White tweeted. "He will get a top 10 fight but as of last nite he turned down JDS."
    On Wednesday Hunt told MMAFighting.com he was open to the May 25 fight with Dos Santos if offered. However, he declined comment today.
    I usually let things like this slide, but I'm calling BS 1 billion percent of the way.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Now that we know hunt vs. jds is not going to happen, who do you guys think is next for hunt? I still say if werdum gets past big nog, make him vs. hunt for number one contender title.

Since I could give a fuck about Bigfoot getting another stab at Cain after getting utterly fucked up the first time, I was kinda hoping to see Hunt/JDS, but he's coming off of a pretty hard fight and isn't getting any younger, I'd assume he needs recoup time etc.

That said, the more I think about who got the next title shot, the more ridiculously pissed off I get that Werdum is stuck in a pointless bout vs. Big Nog. Werdum has been stellar for the past few years and has improved light years since the Overeem fight. RANT OVER.

Hunt is probably going to get another banger ala Carwin or Duffee, somebody to keep his KO reel going.

Hunt vs Nelson is the fight I want to see.
    I think it makes sense since IMO Nelson is higher than Struve, though I am not sure that he is in the Top 10.

It would be a very very fun fight. 2 guys with a similar physique, one of them has one hell of a Ko power and the other one looks like a zombie that can not get KOd by anybody (except Arlovksy).
    In the ground game Nelson obviously would have a huge huge advantage, but Mark has improved a lot his ground skills.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Thank you but I was actually referring to Chael Sonnen.
    Well in that case, please tell me the fight Sonnen asked for and got?
    Because im going to assume you are talking about the Jones fight and he was offered it by the UFC the first time and Jones said no. He had a fight already signed with Forrest and then the UFC AGAIN came to him and asked if he wanted the fight which he accepted as did jones this time.

Did Chael go on a rant about Jones ducking him on ESPN / Twitter absolutely but i dont remember him ever coming out and saying he wanted a fight with Jones for the belt. Like i said above, the UFC decided to do that not Chael.

lets see who blinks first between Hunt and Dana White...

Thread Information