Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NY now one step closer to legalizing MMA

Default NY now one step closer to legalizing MMA

NY state Senate passes a bill today that has been sent to the assembly to finally legalizes MMA in the state and will allow bouts/fights to happen there. This is huge news where I live since I live in NY state and this is very close to passing. I can see it now, first UFC event to have Silva vs Jones superfight at MSG or the Carrier Dome perhaps???

Victory for MMA in NYS Senate | WBNG-TV: News, Sports and Weather Binghamton, New York | Local
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Can't wait til all the old fucks selling the States to the highest bidder are out of government.

What I don't understand is that the NY senate that is pushing for this to be legalized are the NY republicans. You would think that the old conservatives would be against MMA where as the Liberals would be all for it. This kind of leaves me scratching my head.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

4. Default

I don't give a shit about New York. How about Dana brings the UFC to Orlando, where MMA is already legalized? I guarantee the turnout would be fucking huge.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I don't give a shit about New York. How about Dana brings the UFC to Orlando, where MMA is already legalized? I guarantee the turnout would be fucking huge.
    They've never drawn well in this state. Two events in Sunrise, and one in Tampa, but the cards weren't very good. I agree that the Amway Arena would draw well, if they actually put some names on the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    What I don't understand is that the NY senate that is pushing for this to be legalized are the NY republicans. You would think that the old conservatives would be against MMA where as the Liberals would be all for it. This kind of leaves me scratching my head.

Because the only one who doesn't want MMA (and the added revenue) in NY is the damn Culinary Union. The Fertitas pissed off the union in Vegas, so they are screwing them in New York.

Fuk NY .... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by FedortheCan View Post
    NY state Senate passes a bill today that has been sent to the assembly to finally legalizes MMA in the state and will allow bouts/fights to happen there. This is huge news where I live since I live in NY state and this is very close to passing. I can see it now, first UFC event to have Silva vs Jones superfight at MSG or the Carrier Dome perhaps???

Victory for MMA in NYS Senate | WBNG-TV: News, Sports and Weather Binghamton, New York | Local
    Hell yeah, Carrier Dome would be HUGE! Even the Rolling Stones can't sell it out (they tried twice in the past 15 years or so and ended up canceling when they didn't), but I guarantee the UFC could. Plus it's like 10 minutes away from me

But honestly I'm not holding my breath on NY, unless the UFC has an event in November. I really don't see it getting legalized until the end of next year, at the latest. Last year it was passed by the Senate March 1st, but still stalled over a bogus behind the scenes "vote". If it can be voted on by the State Assembly before Summer, then I'm more likely to believe in it. But the more time that passes before it gets there, the more likely it won't be passed.
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-07-2013 at 05:18 AM.

well im looking forward to it, was born in NY havent been back since graduating high school, 10 year reunion couldn't bring me back but a potential UFC @ MSG or the Knicks in the eastern conference finals definitely could.

Thread Information