Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Following UFC 158, Nick Diaz up for shots at middleweight, lightweight titles

Shit is getting heated.

Diaz is off his rocker and I love it.

GSP is going to beat his ass via wresting/ground n pound to win via doc stoppage (cut) in the 3rd or 4th round.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I think GSP might finish the fight with ground and pound. Diaz is a bleeder. GSP cuts him up with elbows from the top. Dr stoppage at the end of the 4th, or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

3. Default

So we all know Diaz gets his face rape fucked every fight. How bad is he gonna look at the end of this thing?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I hate superfights.

Is it so wrong to just want champs to defend?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by TreK View Post
    Yikes... Geroges really is pissed. I hate to say it but, Nick likely brings the hate from his hometown crowd onto himself. He's probably disrespectful to the cashier at Walmart... it just seems to be the way he deals with people in general.

I have actually read in the past that it's quite the opposite. There is no way I could find the article because it's been a few years, but I remember reading that Nick and Nate change personalities when it comes to dealing with a fight. In every day life, they are different. Nick is supposedly all about helping the kids in his community as is Nate.

Here is the thing....to really make it in this sport, you have to stand out. Everyone wants it to be about standing out with your technique but I see it as more about standing out with your personality. Nick has been labeled the bad guy (justifiably so) and he has ran with it. It's what makes him money and it's what has everyone knowing his name. IMO, it's better to be known by everyone in this sport as the bad guy shit talker than it is to not be known in this sport.....I say that as far as making money is concerned.

Now I agree with Nick's take on the traditional arts compared to what many of the guys today do. I have lost some respect for GSP because he tends to fight more on the safe side than he used to. I like Nick's fighting style much more than GSPs fighting style and that's why it wouldn't hurt my feelings any if Nick were to win.

With that being said, GSP will come out and fight the same old style fight he always does. He is talking a big game but the bottom line is that every since Matt Serra TKO'd him, he has been afraid to fight on his feet very long. Now I understand that the smartest thing to do is to fight in the position that you are best at.....you would be stupid not to. But IMO, if you are going to run your mouth about putting a beating on someone worse than they have ever experienced, then taking them down and dry humping them isn't going to accomplish this. For GSP to back up all this talk his has been spewing, he is gonna have to finish Nick, IMO. But I just don't think he can.

I like GSP and I like Nick and I have been waiting on this fight for a LONG time....I just hope that GSP doesn't making it a boring ass decision of a fight.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

6. Default

If Nick can get into GSP's head and stay there on fight night he stands a chance. GSP puts much effort into a controled safe game plan that nulifies his opponets offense. Hopefully we get to see some agression from him, and no crying from Nick when over.

Diaz hasn't been getting cut up really since he had surgery and had the bones under his eyebrows filed down.

Don't kid yourselves guys, GSP won't do too much damage.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Penn didn't do a lot of damage to Diaz?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

He did a fair amount actually, more than Condit imo. I think Diaz knew after the 1st round Penn wouldn't be able to knock him out, so was fine with taking some shots to dish some out..credit to Penn for surviving the 2nd round and doing some damage in the 3rd.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

rob_bills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I hate superfights.

Is it so wrong to just want champs to defend?

rh
    I'm fine with them if they are an occasional thing, It's a change of pace. I like things mixed up a little. I'm cool with calling 2013 the year of the superfights as long as 2014 isn't.

Thread Information