Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz calls GSP pampered, and that he's the real hero in this story

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So on a scale of 1 to 10, what are Diaz's chances of actually winning the fight? I'm being serious, no nut huggers with their 10's (eyeing you dbader).
    I would say 3

And GSP is right, it is almost impossible to understand wth Nick talks about. I think that even Nick himself can not understand half of the stuff he says.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

2. Default

So if Diaz were to win, how would he do it? Stopping GSP's takedowns in route to a UD? KO him? Sub him?
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

20-30% chance. Maybe he catches GSP like Condit did, and is able to slap a sub on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I give him the same chances I have Matt Serra.

I kid, but for real Diaz poses some threats. GSP will come with aggression due to his emotions but he will still play the smart game and avoid falling into Diaz's brawling style.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Diaz is just an excellent athlete with the mind of a burnt out angry teenager. I would also say that he is stupid, but nobody is claiming that he is a genius.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So on a scale of 1 to 10, what are Diaz's chances of actually winning the fight? I'm being serious, no nut huggers with their 10's (eyeing you dbader).

But honestly now, I'd say, if 5 is meaning he has an even shot, that 2.5 or 3 is accurate.

I think it can very well be an entertaining fight where both guys do decent damage but it's so hard to win 3 rounds vs GSP in fights that go to a decision.

For him to win he just has to punch GSP alot, and I think go to the body alot. He has great body work, and going downstairs early can take some wind out of GSP early and also not make Nick so easy to take down (GSP is so good at timing punches and shooting under), so then if GSP clinches, he's going to have to at least work for the takedown instead of just getting an easy one. If Diaz can make GSP work off his back and at least make GSP work for his takedowns, he can possibly build some momentum halfway through the fight and take over. Possibly reverse GSP and find himself in a dominant position and finish GSP late if GSP wears down at all...

Diaz looks a little bigger than he has recently at WW imo, he's likely in excellent shape, he's got long ass arms and he's unorthodox, he's got a shot.
    Last edited by dbader08; 03-08-2013 at 07:10 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

He clearly has social anxiety, but goddamn it makes for some funny interviews. I actually want him to win because I'd like to see a change up in the WW division. Plus, I feel like GSP is trying really hard to talk shit and all that and it's just not him. Diaz is just being himself which I can respect.

Diaz is a great fighter, but maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing to not do the whole publicity thing with him lol

8. Default

I want Nick to get beatdown and then get cut.

I am just tired of him, running his mouth, missing stuff he should be at, bitching about plane tickets, weed suspention, then bitching why he cant smoke and the famous SF brawl.

I dont find him funny at all, he is acts disrespectful and has no sportsmanship

just tired of him and his drama
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Two of my favorite fighters. I'll watch Diaz fight anybody because he's easily the most entertaining fighter in MMA today. That said I don't think he has much of a chance against Georges. His normal style of continuously moving forward while peppering his opponent is going to get him taken down over and over. I'd say a 2 on the 1 to 10 scale for his chances.

All the Diaz drama/craziness is worth it. Nobody is more fun to watch than him. He could be the biggest star in MMA if he just played ball a little bit.

As for the actual conference call:
    - Diaz is right about the rules; allowing elbows but not knees/kicks to a downed opponent strongly favors wrestlers because it's harder to punish failed takedowns and elbows all a wrestler to stay close and avoid BJJ. Forcing a guy on top to throw punches gives the bottom guy more room to practive his BJJ. Lots of people miss Pride. That rule and the yellow card system were the two most important factors in making Pride the exciting event it was.
    - Diaz is crazy mofo. I usually don't believe people when they talk about the long term consequences of marijuana but listening to a crazy paranoid Diaz makes me wonder.
    - I believe Hendricks is a more legit #1 contender however I'm not too concerned about Diaz jumping the queue. He's still a legit top 5 and many people myself included believe he won the Condit fight. Hendricks will get his shot but I don't see him showing Georges anything that Koschek hasn't already tried.
    Last edited by YukonJordan; 03-08-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Thread Information