Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Vera puts two UFC divisions on notice, says 'f--k you' to the haters

1. Default Brandon Vera puts two UFC divisions on notice, says 'f--k you' to the haters

Brandon Vera puts two UFC divisions on notice, says 'f--k you' to the haters who said he was 'washed up' - MMAmania.com

"I got my mojo back, I'm putting all the 205s and heavyweights on notice. I'm back son, like I crave it now. For a long time I didn't need to train or didn't need to win or need to shine. I don't know what happened, but I got it back. Thank you, Shogun. I'm looking forward to doing that with you again. Everybody thought I was washed up, put back on the shelf and call it a day, but I'm not. I think I'm just now coming full circle into my career. I'm finding out more and more about myself as a fighter and as a person and as someone who loves this sport. Fuck you guys, very much. I'm coming, bitches!"
    Don't say he didn't warn you, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight division. In fact, "The Truth" has also put the heavyweights on blast as he heals up a knee injury that has kept him out of action since his technical knockout loss to Mauricio Rua last summer. Vera, who turns 36 later this year, was long considered one of the sport's brightest prospects, but fizzled out after an 8-0 start, going 4-6 with one no contest and getting finished in three different fights. But is that because he didn't need to train or shine? We'll find out when he eventually returns to the Octagon later this year.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

lol

3. Default

Say what you want but not many people want to stand with Vera. Watching his fight with Shogun now and Shogun took him down within the first 25 seconds of the fight after eating two kicks to the side and a few punches.

I've always thought that Brandon Vera was legit. He would strike with confidence, go for risky submissions and just be aggressive. Then he just changed. Maybe it was the Tim Sylvia loss, or Werdum but, he just was a different fighter after those fights.

The Shogun performance was gutsy. And he acknowledges that. I guess the only really question that must be asked... is it too late?

He will never even get a title fight much less win his prime is long gone this is the 3rd time he said he be champ in two div

He's dangerous on the feet, that's for sure. But he still has some defensive flaws. Jardine and Marshall rocked him pretty bad, Shogun ended up KO'ing him...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

7. Default

He never said he would be a champ in any division with this interview.

He's dangerous on the feet, that's for sure. But he still has some defensive flaws. Jardine and Marshall rocked him pretty bad, Shogun ended up KO'ing him...
    Marshall threw caution to the wind and I believe Vera took him lightly. Vera still won that fight too after gutting through a nasty armbar. Jardine also stopped Forrest, dropped Chuck and I believe rocked Rampage. He has power in his extremely awkward style.

The Shogun fight, which you can see here:

Shogun Rua vs Brandon Vera - UFC On FOX 4 Full Fight Video

Had tons of grappling with Shogun wanting to wear Vera down and tire him out. He TKO'd Vera, he didn't KO him. And that I believe had more to do with exhaustion than anything.

It was an amazing fight. But Shogun didn't want to start striking until the 2nd round after the initial grappling.

Good fighter, but I don't think 2 divisions need to be put on notice

9. Default

Also from the Vera/Shogun fight:

Joe Rogan in the beginning of the 4th round:

"Shogun looking again for the takedown. This is so interesting and so rare to see Shogun being the guy to try and take fighters down. This is a victory in and of itself that Shogun wants to take him down. You would think Shogun would be happy to fight a guy who wants to stand and trade with him."

If the guy could learn some takedown defense and keep people standing he would have a pretty decent shot of cracking the Top 10 at LHW right now. Honestly I could see him beating Lil'Nog if he shows up the way he did against Shogun.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information