Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dos Santos’ Trainer Believes Alistair Overeem Did Not Want to Fight ‘Cigano’

Default Dos Santos’ Trainer Believes Alistair Overeem Did Not Want to Fight ‘Cigano’

Junior Dos Santos

In an interview with Sherdog.com, Luiz Dorea, dos Santos’ coach, was skeptical about Overeem’s injury and endorsed the idea of Mark Hunt as a replacement opponent for his fighter. However, White recently revealed on Twitter that Hunt turned down the fight with dos Santos.

"We're not here to doubt, but it's really strange. Cigano's career does not depend on Overeem, but it's the second time that the fight has been canceled,” Dorea said. “What cannot happen is for Cigano to be penalized for it. He never chooses opponents, always accepts any fight and Hunt would be a good name. Injured or not, Overeem won't cause any setbacks for Cigano, who already had to start a camp and doesn’t want to go any longer without fighting. It seems that Overeem doesn't want this fight."

Dorea insisted that there is something amiss regarding the injury to the former Strikeforce champion. A blood test following Overeem’s knockout loss to Antonio Silva at UFC 156 revealed abnormally low testosterone levels for a competitive athlete. While Dorea would not directly say that he believes Overeem is using the injury to allow his testosterone levels return to normal, the trainer remains perplexed by the Dutchman’s withdrawal.

"About that I do not know, but there's something weird there. It is reported that there was an injury, which we have to believe. Overeem is a great athlete, but he has his problems," Dorea said. “What will happen is that everyone who has a scheduled fight against Overeem will be [unsure if it will take place]. This is the second time that Cigano has prepared for this fight, and this requires dedication and money. This postponement will not obstruct Cigano's plans to seek the title shot soon after this fight.

"What else can happen in July, August? Will there be another story, another problem with the lab, or an injury?” Dorea continued. “There are great names in the division without a fight scheduled, .... but Overeem is also a great duel. Except that Overeem teases Cigano, and every time we get close to the fight, we do not know what happens. It's a difficult situation. But I'm quiet, and the UFC is watching."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

you know i bet AO tore is quad on purpose with the idea of trying to avoid JDS....smh

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    you know i bet AO tore is quad on purpose with the idea of trying to avoid JDS....smh
    He did...he told me so himself, right before he asked me to stay on look out JDS!
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

4. Default

I hate to break it to you sugar tits but Overeem has faced WAY better strikers than you.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Well that's a loss that Overeem saves himself from until a later date.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I hate to break it to you sugar tits but Overeem has faced WAY better strikers than you.

Has Overeem fought a better striker then JDS not in Japan?? Or since being busted for PED's? We just saw Overeem get super cocky and get KTFO by someone with sub par striking.

I am very aware of what Overeem brings to the table in the stand up department and his credentials, But after watching his last fight seeing the loss in size I figured when this match was announced Overeem wanted no part of it.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Mark Hunt's fairy tale story is coming together so well.

Of all the top dogs that could get him a title shot I think the only ones he could beat are Bigfoot/Overeem/JDS.

JDS best not look at this guy as he did Nelson/Carwin or he may be the next victim of a walk off KO.

I dont think Hunt has a great chance to beat JDS but it could very well happen.
    Last edited by TheDoucheyWun; 03-09-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Better striker?

Crocop, kharitonov, and hunt on paper but probably not mma striking.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

And how'd that go for him?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Are you calling JDS or his manager Luiz Dorea sugar tits?

The injury does make me wonder. AO cant afford to lose another fight..
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information