Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arlovski: I want to be the UFC heavyweight champion again

Default Arlovski: I want to be the UFC heavyweight champion again

Arlovski: I want to be the UFC heavyweight champion again - Mixed Martial Arts News

“I left the UFC on good terms,” Arlovski told MMAWeekly.com.

Arlovski doesn’t want his former status as UFC champion to dictate if the organization offers him a contract in the future. He wants to earn his way back into the top tier of the heavyweight division.

“I don’t want the UFC to take me back in the UFC because I was a champion in the UFC. I want to earn the opportunity to be back in the UFC again,” he said.

“More importantly, with my career, every fight I’ve shown a good fight, and showed my skills, and showed that I’m getting better and better and better from fight to fight. Like I said, you never know. I might one day be in the UFC again, but I definitely want to be a champion and I want to be No. 1 in the world again because I know the taste of glory and the taste of being on top of the world. I also know that feeling when you’re down,” said Arlovski.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'm always down for an Arlovski fight, really nice guy and when he's on, look OUT HW division.
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 03-11-2013 at 09:33 PM.

The problem with wanting to be #1 is that Cain would probably KO him on the ground, and JDS would KO him on the feet. There's no way his chin holds up against those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    The problem with wanting to be #1 is that Cain would probably KO him on the ground, and JDS would KO him on the feet. There's no way his chin holds up against those two.
    I cant see AA's chin holding up against anyone of the top 10-15 ranked fighters in the UFC.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-12-2013 at 05:54 AM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

5. Default

Arlovski is my favourite heavyweight, and Id love to see him back in the UFC. There are a lot of good matchups for him still.

6. Default

I wanted to fight in the UFC when I first saw it too see where that got me

AA is a nice guy injoy'd many of his fights just don't think mentally and physicaly he could hang with the top 5 any more. the sport progressed.

I could see AA getting a call if he can take care of Anthony Johnson. I think that fight might be a good determining factor if he sees the UFC octagon again or not. I personally would love to see him back and banging in there. Always will be a pitbull fan.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

8. Default

I think his striking is crisper and more well-rounded than any other HW in MMA. But his striking defense leaves much to be desired. He has a bad habit of moving straight back and freezing when he gets tagged.
    ------------------

I'm a big fan of Arlovski and I'd love to see him in thr UFC again, but if he ever becomes champ again I'll shit in my hands and clap.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information