+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Hunt vs. JDS official for UFC 160

A lot of you guys are writing Hunt off, but I think he's a very bad match up stylistically for JDS. Hunt is one of the better strikers at HW, and I don't think JDS winning the stand up is a given. And outside of the stand up, and really just boxing, JDS doesn't have any proven tools.

So basically JDS is going to either have to fight outside of his element or fight Hunt where he's not only his strongest, but always capable of ending the fight in an instant (which lately he does a lot).

Zombie is born!

2. Default

What has JDS PROVEN he's good at?

- Boxing
    - And thats it

I know people love to slurp up JDS but the man hasn't really shown anything out of 1 dimension of fighting.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

- Boxing
    - And thats it

I know people love to slurp up JDS but the man hasn't really shown anything out of 1 dimension of fighting.
    I agree.. Having said that Hunt is almost exactly the same. One thing Santos has over Hunt is better cardio and longer reach. Personally I dont see JDS subbing him as I consider Struve more dangerous on the ground.

- Boxing
    - And thats it

How about an excellent takedown defense and the ability to get back to his feet very quickly if he gest taked down?

What has Hunt proven to be good at, apart of boxing?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

- Boxing
    - And thats it

Blackhouse says JDS has top level jiu-jitsu. We must take their word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    A lot of you guys are writing Hunt off, but I think he's a very bad match up stylistically for JDS. Hunt is one of the better strikers at HW, and I don't think JDS winning the stand up is a given. And outside of the stand up, and really just boxing, JDS doesn't have any proven tools.

So basically JDS is going to either have to fight outside of his element or fight Hunt where he's not only his strongest, but always capable of ending the fight in an instant (which lately he does a lot).
    I know what you're getting at, but Hunt has been largely boxing-oriented recently too. Either way, for me, this all comes down to cardio and the timing of the fight.

Coming off an injury, a tough fight, and 11 weeks to prep is a really tough mix. If the fight was in September or October, I'd give Hunt much better odds. But in this situation, I think JDS wins 7 out of 10 times... Of course, hopefully not
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

7. Default

Two things that need to die away....

"softly ranked"
    "x out of 10 times"
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Whomever wins is still getting fist fucked by Cain's wrestling... which may be the equivalent of being on the bottom of Roy Nelson's crucifix.

A good fight nevertheless but unfortunately the winner will be the next loser.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information