Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mark Hunt vs. JDS official for UFC 160

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I don't know Hunt won't have any ring rust. I think this will be a lot closer fight than the main group of posts here think. Hunts puchers chance is 45% to me
    Hunt's punchers chance is 80% better than the average fighter's punchers chance haha

I see Hunt taking this and doing a smooth ass walk away after he Ko's Junior. Hunts a BAAAAAAD motherfucker.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

3. Default

I wouldn't be surprised if Jr 2 Saints takes Hunt down and submits him via kimura or americana in the first round.

Demonstrating a proficiency in BJJ would also help shed the stigma of being a one-dimensional fighter and garner even more interest in a third fight against Cain.
    ------------------

I think back to opponents like Carwin and Nelson, They both got their ass's kicked but both landed shots and were standing at the final bell.

I feel that if they could survive Hunt will no problems & if they could connect Hunt will to and likely more often with more efficiency.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Two things that need to die away....

"softly ranked"
    "x out of 10 times"
    As far as "x out of 10 times" - because you don't like that phrasing or generally the notion of expressing odds?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I know what you're getting at, but Hunt has been largely boxing-oriented recently too. Either way, for me, this all comes down to cardio and the timing of the fight.

Coming off an injury, a tough fight, and 11 weeks to prep is a really tough mix. If the fight was in September or October, I'd give Hunt much better odds. But in this situation, I think JDS wins 7 out of 10 times... Of course, hopefully not
    JDS is also coming off a devastating loss which was also his first loss.

Still, I won't disagree with Hunt having a 30% chance of winning. JDS is the younger, more skilled fighter, but I was just going against the grain of everyone else saying Hunt had no chance. I think he has a better chance then just about anyone at HW right now besides Cain.

Zombie is born!

JDS is going to mix it up with hunt and then take him down and get some gnp. Im thinking this fight will be similar to JDS vs carwin

If JDS stands, he's going to get hit. He generally relies on superior boxing, but he still gets hit. And when Hunt hits most people, they fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Two things that need to die away....

"softly ranked"
    "x out of 10 times"

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    As far as "x out of 10 times" - because you don't like that phrasing or generally the notion of expressing odds?
    I can think of many things I'd rather see go than those...

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

When Shane Carwin hits people, they fall down. When Roy hits people, they go down too. JDS will do to Hunt what he did to them. How are people going to say we don't know what he can do on the ground, but just assume that Hunt will be stronger there than him?
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information