Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cesar Gracie: 2 Weeks Out Nate Didnít Know If His Fight With Henderson Was Really On

1. Default Cesar Gracie: 2 Weeks Out Nate Didnít Know If His Fight With Henderson Was Really On

Cesar Gracie: 2 Weeks Out Nate Didnít Know If His Fight With Henderson Was Really On

Not to be overshadowed by the more immediate, and perhaps more anticipated, matchup between Nick Diaz and GSP are the April fights of Nate Diaz and Gilbert Melendez. These two fighters have long been at the top of the lightweight division, Diaz in the UFC and Melendez in Strikeforce.

On Diazís recent loss to Henderson, Gracie remarked confidently that it was just a learning experience for the young Stockton native. ďHe didnít look good. I donít think it was indicative of who he is, he had a bad night. Not a bad night. Iím not going to say that. He got beat by the better guy that night, for sureÖ You could see it even in the weigh in, with his physique. If you look at the last fight before that, you know. These fighters, they got to prep correctly. There were contractual issues and stuff like that. I mean people donít know this, but literally a couple weeks before the fight Nate wasnít even sure he was fighting. It was that bad. We were having problems with certain things. It got resolved, but you know, itís hard to train for a fight like that with that mentality when youíre not happy with certain things and everything. It was a mistake on his part, you got to just put all that aside and Henderson, thatís what he did, and thatís why heís the champ today. But itís a learning experience and weíre going to move onÖ So it goes for all of us, me, you, Nate. Itís a life experience, heís going to move on from it.Ē
    Cesar Gracie is a lying sack of shit who will do anything to deflect the blame. Did you guys know his last name wasn't even Gracie? His mother is Sonja Gracie-Gronning, daughter of Carlos Gracie. So his legal last name isn't Gracie because the Gracie heritage is from his mom's side. He changed his surname to Gracie himself. He was not born a Gracie, he was not asked to become a Gracie.
    ------------------

Wow the camp full of d-bags has a leader that constantly acts like a d-bag.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

I don't like the implication that Nate Diaz would have won the fight if it wasn't for contractual problems, but at least Grace said that Henderson's mental toughness is superior to Diaz's and that's one of (Gracie probably thinks the only) reasons why Henderon won.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Cesar Gracie is a lying sack of shit who will do anything to deflect the blame. Did you guys know his last name wasn't even Gracie? His mother is Sonja Gracie-Gronning, daughter of Carlos Gracie. So his legal last name isn't Gracie because the Gracie heritage is from his mom's side. He changed his surname to Gracie himself. He was not born a Gracie, he was not asked to become a Gracie.
    I know lots of people that have their mother's last name, and not their father's.

Assuming one spouse kept their last name despite the marriage, your "legal last name" is not your father's last name by default; at least not in Canada, maybe the laws are different elsewhere.

That said, he does come off like a d-bag sometimes; but that's quite irrespective of his last name.

I can't think of a time one of a Cesar Gracie fighter outright lost and Cesar was anything close to graceful in defeat. He's a piece of shit.

I know right? It's so unusual for a trainer to make excuses for their fighter's loses.....what A Dbag, loser....bet he kicks puppies too......shame sir SHAAAAAAME!

Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Man the more this guy speaks the more I find myself shaking my head at him.

Fedorlei Gomipierre- I can't think of a time one of a Cesar Gracie fighter outright lost and Cesar was anything close to graceful in defeat. He's a piece of shit
    Agreed, he just tarnishes the Gracie name everytime he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    I know lots of people that have their mother's last name, and not their father's.

Assuming one spouse kept their last name despite the marriage, your "legal last name" is not your father's last name by default; at least not in Canada, maybe the laws are different elsewhere.

That said, he does come off like a d-bag sometimes; but that's quite irrespective of his last name.
    Yeah I took my mothers last name because im the last male to carry on the name. I had a choice and I deffinety look at my last name as the one im using. Not my fathrs by default.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Every time I read about the Diaz brothers, their team mates and Cesar Gracie their leader, the more I realize that this team is "out to lunch" They never get the news...they are never connected.....they cant be reached by phone, fax or face to face. I believe they can only be reached by telepathy. Either they have real comprehension problems or they have to have a "Special MMa org just for them" Are they really that misinformed or are they just stupid. Or maybe they have ADD like myself. I can see them all cruising around in Diazs honda civic on the bong crying about how they don't get any recognition and respect. I think its wuite pathetic how their Leader is is the biggest douche bag of all. Their team should be cast as the team in the upcoming "dodgeball 2" or maybe even "Mystery men 2"

I have vented.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

1) I didn't realize this was a short notice fight?
    2) Doesn't Diaz have a manager to deal with these issues while they train?
    3) Even if Nate were to take part in his contract negotiations why would that hinder his ability to train?

Thread Information