Wanderlei happy to get win over ‘new generation' fighter in Stann; says ‘slow down' retirement talks

Wanderlei Silva happy to get win over ?new generation' fighter in Brian Stann; says ?slow down' retirement talks - MMAmania.com

"I make one fight each time," Silva said. "When I feel good, when I feel healthy I'm going to fight. Sometimes I have the rope on the neck and I'll be dead then pop, again, it comes off a little bit, so if the public wants we are there, but not yet."

There is a contingent who believes it would be a storybook ending to Silva's career if he retired after a stellar performance against a legitimate opponent in a main event fight in his adoptive home country of Japan. And while it's hard to make an argument against it, Silva is constantly putting on ‘Fight of the Night' worthy performances and tells fans calling for his retirement to slow down, because he isn't done yet.

"I make three ‘fights of the night' in a row against Cung Le, against Franklin and right now, I make four bonuses in three fights," explained Silva. "I don't know what I can do better. The last fight was so close, I was so close to beat Franklin and I don't know man, why do the guys want to retire me? Slow down.

"The public is the boss, the public wants [me to fight], I will be there."