Thread: Georges St-Pierre thinks Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him

Threaded View

Default Georges St-Pierre thinks Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him

UFC President Dana White still insists Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva is going to happen. It's a dubious claim by now, though if the long-debated superfight ever does come to fruition, at that point it may not be so super. Or, at least it won't be if St-Pierre's prediction proves true.

That's because the UFC welterweight champion firmly believes the undefeated Chris Weidman -- currently listed as a 2-to-1 underdog -- won't just stun the world, he'll also do so in dramatic fashion.

"I believe [Weidman] is going to beat Anderson Silva," St-Pierre declared to Canada's Sportsnet. "I believe it's a bad matchup for Anderson Silva. It's very bad.

"Not only is he going to beat, I believe he is going to finish Anderson Silva. I believe it's not going to be too long, that fight. This, people will be shocked."
    The 37-year-old Silva hasn't truly lost in nine years, a stretch of time that spans 20 fights. Meanwhile, the 28-year-old has racked up an impressive 9-0 record since turning pro four years ago.

So what do you think, folks? Is St-Pierre onto something here? Let me know what you think in the comments below. Now let's get to some headlines.
    Georges and I usually see eye-to-eye on things, but not this time. People will be shocked at how bad AS beats Weidman.

(for riv)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/11...wont-just-beat
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Thread Information