Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georges St-Pierre thinks Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him

Default Georges St-Pierre thinks Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him

UFC President Dana White still insists Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva is going to happen. It's a dubious claim by now, though if the long-debated superfight ever does come to fruition, at that point it may not be so super. Or, at least it won't be if St-Pierre's prediction proves true.

That's because the UFC welterweight champion firmly believes the undefeated Chris Weidman -- currently listed as a 2-to-1 underdog -- won't just stun the world, he'll also do so in dramatic fashion.

"I believe [Weidman] is going to beat Anderson Silva," St-Pierre declared to Canada's Sportsnet. "I believe it's a bad matchup for Anderson Silva. It's very bad.

"Not only is he going to beat, I believe he is going to finish Anderson Silva. I believe it's not going to be too long, that fight. This, people will be shocked."
    The 37-year-old Silva hasn't truly lost in nine years, a stretch of time that spans 20 fights. Meanwhile, the 28-year-old has racked up an impressive 9-0 record since turning pro four years ago.

So what do you think, folks? Is St-Pierre onto something here? Let me know what you think in the comments below. Now let's get to some headlines.
    Georges and I usually see eye-to-eye on things, but not this time. People will be shocked at how bad AS beats Weidman.

(for riv)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/3/11...wont-just-beat
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-11-2013 at 10:42 AM.

2. Default

I agree with GSP. I am a Anderson fan but I think Chris wins by TKO GnP, not a finish but a ref stoppage.

Chris wrestling, Gnp, and BJJ is a leathal combo aginest Anderson.

We all know thugh, IT ONLY TAKES ONE SHOT from Anderson to change a entire fight.
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

I wouldn't really be shocked if Weidman won, but I would be pretty depressed about it.

Zombie is born!

You left out the part where he said Anderson didn't want this fight lol

GSP: Weidman will beat & finish Silva - YouTube

This needs a source link, or it's noobjacked by the end of the day.

A DQ isn't a real loss? whoever wrote this is an idiot. I can see where Andy-fanboys want to try to go the Fedor-fanboy route and discredit the loss, but there is a huge difference between throwing the illegal strike and receiving one.

Anderson has done enough where his record doesn't need to be needlessly--and ineptly--padded.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

6. Default

I feal the ground is Silva's weakest link, but still deadly with subs & elbows while on his back. Many would like to be as good as Silva's weekest link! Chris has the skills to get it to the ground, but can he avoid a sub after he got through a excellent A game of striking

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I feal the ground is Silva's weakest link, but still deadly with subs & elbows while on his back.
    Don't forget upkicks!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Georges and I usually see eye-to-eye on things, but not this time. People will be shocked at how bad AS beats Weidman.
    Weidman wasn't come off a long layoff I would give him a chance but I think AS destroys Weidman.

Edit: And then AS calls out GSP....and refuses to fight Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    This needs a source link, or it's noobjacked by the end of the day.

A DQ isn't a real loss? whoever wrote this is an idiot. I can see where Andy-fanboys want to try to go the Fedor-fanboy route and discredit the loss, but there is a huge difference between throwing the illegal strike and receiving one.

Anderson has done enough where his record doesn't need to be needlessly--and ineptly--padded.

rh
    Morning Report: Georges St-Pierre thinks Chris Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him - MMA Fighting

better?
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 03-11-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Weidman wasn't come off a long layoff I would give him a chance but I think AS destroys Weidman.

Edit: And then AS calls out GSP....and refuses to fight Jones.
    This. I think you guys are giving Weidman a lot more credit than he deserves. He's a good fighter, but I dont think he is anywhere close to posing much of a problem to Silva.

Thread Information