Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Georges St-Pierre thinks Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him

Doesn't GSP do some of his BJJ training with Weidman?

It's like when he said Frankie Edgar was #1 p4p.

Curious about GSP and Weidman's training/interaction as well. See if this is yes-man bias.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

I think Chris has a very dangerous style for Anderson, and that it is as close to a bad style matchup as you can get for someone as good as Anderson.

Weidman still doesn't have a ton of UFC experience, and is coming off an injury and a bit of a layoff. He's also never fought someone on the level of Anderson.

So I guess technically I wouldn't be a major surprise if Weidman won (though at this point it will be shocking if and when Anderson does ever lose), because I think he is a stylistic threat to Silva. That being said, I still heavily favour Anderson.

I think he'll be able to minimize the damage done to him on the ground, and do enough damage striking to slow Weidman down to the point where Chris can no longer get the takedown, at which point Anderson will toy with him a little before he puts him away.

All age differences aside its amazing that people keep saying how much of a threat Weidman is to Silva but then turn around and say that Silva will win this fight fairly easily.

I don't see this being a long fight by any stretch of the imagination and much like Silva's 2nd fight against Sonnen the 1st person to fuck up will consequently be the first one to get finished.

Silva's camp isn't taking this fight seriously nor do they see Weidman as much of a threat. If Silva really doesn't see much threat in Weidman then this is his fight to lose. Also GSP should probably STFU because hes getting flatlined by Hendricks.

I predict a loss from Silva and GSP this year.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    All age differences aside its amazing that people keep saying how much of a threat Weidman is to Silva but then turn around and say that Silva will win this fight fairly easily.
    Many people are saying Weidman is the only threat left in the MW division.

I get it.... reading is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I agree with GSP. I am a Anderson fan but I think Chris wins by TKO GnP, not a finish but a ref stoppage.

Chris wrestling, Gnp, and BJJ is a leathal combo aginest Anderson.

We all know thugh, IT ONLY TAKES ONE SHOT from Anderson to change a entire fight.
    Wait, a TKO isn't a "finish"? Any time you stop a fight and keep it from going to the judges (KO, TKO, submission etc.), isn't that finishing your opponent?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Wait, a TKO isn't a "finish"? Any time you stop a fight and keep it from going to the judges (KO, TKO, submission etc.), isn't that finishing your opponent?
    Indeed it is a phrasing error.

Seig hail, grammar nazis unite.

I dont think Weidman has much of a shot at all. Not sure why people are giving so much credit. His wrestling isnt better than Chael's or Okami's, his standup isnt better than Vitor's, his BJJ isnt better than Maia's. So where is the threat to AS exactly?? I dunno, i just dont see it. Chris gets stopped in rd2.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information