Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Georges St-Pierre thinks Weidman won't just beat Anderson Silva, he'll finish him

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Silva's camp isn't taking this fight seriously nor do they see Weidman as much of a threat. If Silva really doesn't see much threat in Weidman then this is his fight to lose.
    Don't start building an excuse already in case he loses. Silva's camp has said nothing about Weidman not being talented. They said the reason they didn't want the fight is because he isn't well known, which would affect the marketability for this fight and generates less revenue for Silva and his camp. That doesn't equate to Weidman not being much of a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Also GSP should probably STFU because hes getting flatlined by Hendricks.

I predict a loss from Silva and GSP this year.
    Perhaps, you should STFU instead of thinking one of the best MMA fighters should for giving his opinion on who would win in an MMA fight. His opinion is a gazillion times more valued than yours or any of our opinion.

His opinion is a gazillion times more valued than yours or any of our opinion.
    Except mine, which is basically the spoken word of MMA royalty.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Doesn't GSP do some of his BJJ training with Weidman?

It's like when he said Frankie Edgar was #1 p4p.
    Sounds like there is a mutual bro-mance between the two..

Frankie Edgar Discusses GSP-Nick Diaz Fight - FightLine.com
    "I think they both come in with strong cardio," Edgar said. "Georges is the superior athlete. I think Nick would want to try and pressure him on his feet, try to avoid takedowns. But, Georges, no one does it better than him on taking people down. He's got some of the best ground-and-pound, and you will see a lot of that utilized in this fight to get the win."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    I dont think Weidman has much of a shot at all. Not sure why people are giving so much credit. His wrestling isnt better than Chael's or Okami's, his standup isnt better than Vitor's, his BJJ isnt better than Maia's. So where is the threat to AS exactly?? I dunno, i just dont see it. Chris gets stopped in rd2.
    MMA math.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Indeed it is a phrasing error.

Seig hail, grammar nazis unite.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    U know what I meant dude
    Happens to me all the time so I was just making sure. The question marks were sincere. No attack intended.

Nothing against Weidman as a person, but I hope Anderson slaughters this kid to quiet the very loud whistle of the proverbial hype train. His wrestling will definitely be a factor and I'm sure he's no Chael Sonnen when it comes to defending submissions.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

I believe Chris has all the tools in one place to present a most dangerous threat to Silva. His way of winning is no secret. He will have to win by outwrestling Silva and achieving a possible submission or inflict fight ending GNP. His MMA wrestling may or may not be as good as Chael's, but I am confident he has more than what it takes to outwrestle Silva if he can get a hold of him. He has much better BJJ and submissions than Sonnen, and he has brutish power in his GNP. The only thing that bothers me is how long Chris has been out and that he could have used one more fight (not to prove contendership but to prepare for Anderson).

I have been talking about Weidman fighting Silva forever now but I really would've liked to see him fight Silva with more fight momentum behind him. What he had gained previously has now sort of diminished in the past year. I believe Weidman has the abilities to beat Silva, and I'll be cheering for him, but I think it would speak incredible volumes if Weidman were to beat Silva after having such a long lay off and surgery.

So war Weidman.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by rahdizzle View Post
    MMA math.
    not at all, but thanks for coming out.

Im simply stating that whatever Chris Wiedman brings to the table, Anderson Silva has seen and seen much better versions of that particular threat already.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Chael is scared of Chris I am sure and has said numerous times how he think's Chris will beat Silva.

Chael knows he ain't got fuck all besides his wrestling, Weidman is 10 times more complete than Chael is and thats what makes this a very scary fight for Andy.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Chael is scared of Chris I am sure and has said numerous times how he think's Chris will beat Silva.

Chael knows he ain't got fuck all besides his wrestling, Weidman is 10 times more complete than Chael is and thats what makes this a very scary fight for Andy.
    i seriously doubt Chael is scared of anyone. sorry.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information