+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Kampmann wants Tarec Saffiedine, Nick Diaz – or Georges St-Pierre next

Hybrid View

Default Martin Kampmann wants Tarec Saffiedine, Nick Diaz – or Georges St-Pierre next

Martin Kampmann wants Tarec Saffiedine, Nick Diaz

Kampmann, on his Twitter feed, said he'd like to return to action this summer against Saffiedine or Diaz – in the process giving him prediction of who will win Saturday's title fight.

"No fights lined up yet, but I would like to get one this summer against strikeforce champ Saffiedine or Diaz after gsp beats him up," Kampmann stated.

But if Diaz pulls off the upset – St-Pierre is as much as a 5-to-1 favorite in the fight – Kampmann said he'd gladly fight St-Pierre, too.

"If Diaz pulls it off I will be happy to fight gsp as well, I would actually prefer that," he stated.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I really like the idea of Kampmann vs Saffedine.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I really like the idea of Kampmann vs Saffedine.
    As do I though I would not be against a fight between MK and Robbie Lawler right now.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

4. Default

If GSP would lose { note the IF] I would not want to be his next fight especially if you could fight the new champ instead.

Kampmann/Saffiedine would be awesome! In theory, Kampmann should beat him up and take the sub. But I think fight IQ makes this a closer fight

(I'm a huge Kampmann fan, he just makes me sad sometimes)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

If GSP get's upset by Diaz, no way does he not get an immediate rematch. But I like the idea of Kampmann/Tarec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

If GSP get's upset by Diaz, no way does he not get an immediate rematch. But I like the idea of Kampmann/Tarec.
    Not to go right off topic here but Kevo's post got me thinking If Diaz does manage to upset GSP should GSP get an automatic rematch? I am not talking a close or controversial decision either, I mean if Diaz manages to finish or clearly beat him through decision.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Not to go right off topic here but Kevo's post got me thinking If Diaz does manage to upset GSP should GSP get an automatic rematch? I am not talking a close or controversial decision either, I mean if Diaz manages to finish or clearly beat him through decision.
    Good topic, start a thread and put a poll in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I don't think a champ should get an automatic rematch if the fight isn't a close decision. i don't care for how many years you have reigned the division. Otherwise that would mean that you have to beat the champ twice to become the champ. Close decision though is a different story in my opinion, much like Penn/Edgar, or what I think were the best 2 title fights in LHW division, Machida/Shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I don't think a champ should get an automatic rematch if the fight isn't a close decision. i don't care for how many years you have reigned the division. Otherwise that would mean that you have to beat the champ twice to become the champ. Close decision though is a different story in my opinion, much like Penn/Edgar, or what I think were the best 2 title fights in LHW division, Machida/Shogun.
    Agreed. I really don't like the immediate rematches and stifling of great matchups that it can cause. If the merit for a rematch is there, it'll come after another fight and some build up.
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information