Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Kampmann wants Tarec Saffiedine, Nick Diaz – or Georges St-Pierre next

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I don't think a champ should get an automatic rematch if the fight isn't a close decision. i don't care for how many years you have reigned the division. Otherwise that would mean that you have to beat the champ twice to become the champ. Close decision though is a different story in my opinion, much like Penn/Edgar, or what I think were the best 2 title fights in LHW division, Machida/Shogun.
    Agreed. I really don't like the immediate rematches and stifling of great matchups that it can cause. If the merit for a rematch is there, it'll come after another fight and some build up.

Big Kampmann fan, just a really great overall technical skillset....but damnit if he doesn't fight like a dummy most of the time. He just always falls into the same traps in fights and for every Alves and Ellenberger comeback win, there's a Daley and a Shields loss that he throws away.

Outside of the Daley and Hendricks blowouts, Kampmann should've had every one of those fights in the bag, but just allows his opponents to get too many of their preferred looks than they really deserve.

Tarec would be a good fight, I think Kampmann technically takes him apart.

Diaz/Kampmann is a sweet matchup, I would really like to see that fight sometime in 2013. Id take Kampmann in that fight tbh, Hes the more versatile striker and hard to submit.

It seems like they want to throw Saffiedine to the wolves, He got offered to fight Condit pretty early, so the Kampmann fight could very well take place. I think Kammann takes it pretty easily if he fights to his potential.

GSP wrecks Kampman though im sorry. Kampmann has always been fine wth fighting off his back and is cost im in the past. And as good as his TDD might be, GSPs TDs are on another level.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Martin Kampmann and the UFC ranking system have something in common - they're both delusional. Seriously, dude just got KTFO by a legit #1 contender ala Hendricks. I get the whole "call out fighters on Twitter", I do. I really do. In most cases, a fighter usually get rewarded for the effort, but calling out current/former champions after a one punch KO, even on Twitter, only makes him look silly, much like the UFC ranking system. That said, Diaz or GSP would own his soul. Rather easily, no less. If you smell what The X is cookin, bee-itches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lauzon View Post
    "Guillard is like, 'Oh, Joe didn't beat me. I beat myself.'" "No, I smacked you in the face with my fist, and you went down and I choked you. I'm pretty sure i'm taking credit for that."
    Quote Originally Posted by King Mo View Post
    "It's funny how some fans wanna be PC and shit, but then some of these same muthafuckaz wanna pay to see some organized violence. LOL! Or they boo if a fight ain't violent enough. LOL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Not to go right off topic here but Kevo's post got me thinking If Diaz does manage to upset GSP should GSP get an automatic rematch? I am not talking a close or controversial decision either, I mean if Diaz manages to finish or clearly beat him through decision.
    I think if diaz beats him up for at least 3 rounds and then finishes him, or dominates him for 5 rounds, then gsp should have to win 1 fight then he can get a rematch.. But if diaz catches him early it will get dusted off as lucky and they will probably do an immediate rematch.

7. Default

The big IF. If Nick would win and they made GSP take a fight to get a rematch no way should the new champ wait for the rematch without taking a fight on his own. What Condit did was BS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedX View Post
    Martin Kampmann and the UFC ranking system have something in common - they're both delusional. Seriously, dude just got KTFO by a legit #1 contender ala Hendricks. I get the whole "call out fighters on Twitter", I do. I really do. In most cases, a fighter usually get rewarded for the effort, but calling out current/former champions after a one punch KO, even on Twitter, only makes him look silly, much like the UFC ranking system. That said, Diaz or GSP would own his soul. Rather easily, no less. If you smell what The X is cookin, bee-itches!
    This is why i would give Kampmann a Lawler type fight. He just can't perform consistently and win and IMO doesn't deserve any of the fights he mentioned. tarec is a champ and deserves higher competition even if it is a strikfarce belt . Give MK Lawler or one of the LOSERS of the co-main events this weekend as long as it isnt hendricks, too soon for that. If Carlos loses that would be 2 in a row and a rematch would be okay. Or a rematch/match with the marquardt/ellenberger loser. Has Martin ever fought Jake E.? Im at work and can't recall right off....
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    This is why i would give Kampmann a Lawler type fight. He just can't perform consistently and win and IMO doesn't deserve any of the fights he mentioned. tarec is a champ and deserves higher competition even if it is a strikfarce belt . Give MK Lawler or one of the LOSERS of the co-main events this weekend as long as it isnt hendricks, too soon for that. If Carlos loses that would be 2 in a row and a rematch would be okay. Or a rematch/match with the marquardt/ellenberger loser. Has Martin ever fought Jake E.? Im at work and can't recall right off....
    Martin beat Ellenberger by vicious knee if I remember correctly. It was the main event for the TUF15 Finale.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Thread Information