Thread: Herschel Walker wants one last fight...in the UFC

Marcus Jones vs Herschel Walker make it happen Dana

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    But what if he won?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Herschel is a beast. Looking at the UFC roster I wouldn't mind seeing him fight --

looking, looking, scratches head, uhm uhm, not sure --

The only couple I saw were mitrione, shaub, de fries, herman, or morecraft.

Kongo! I would love to see Herschel teach that guy a lesson about old man strength.

LOL Randy left ZUFFA a little too early, this woulda been a nice vanity fight to end his career.

The only fight that makes any sense for Walker to me would be against Carleton Haselrig, another washed up NFL player who is still fighting at close to 50.

Dana White won't rule out possibility of Herschel Walker fighting in the UFC - MMA Fighting
    Since the UFC acquired Strikeforce, Walker has gone unmentioned for a possible date in the octagon. Maybe that's because most figured Walker had no prayer of fighting under White, who once slammed the signing of Walker to Strikeforce as "ridiculous" and "completely disrespectful to the sport."

Well, perhaps Walker's two forays -- both TKO wins -- converted him, because White wouldn't rule out the possibility when it was broached after the UFC 158 press conference.

"I don't know," he said. "I'll have to talk to him."

White noted that at his age, Walker would have to be approved by an athletic commission before competing. The former NFL and collegiate star is a well-known physical marvel, who claims to keep fit by doing thousands of pushups and sit-ups every day. Walker trained at the San Jose, Calif.-based American Kickboxing Academy for his two previous bouts.

If Walker were to get a fight this year, he would tie Ron Van Clief as the oldest man ever to compete under the UFC banner. Van Clief was also 51 when he lost by submission to Royce Gracie at UFC 4 back in 1994.

"I've never even thought about it, but I'm assuming he's under contract with us from the Strikeforce deal, so I don't know," White said.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Didn't Dana say he'd never fight in UFC?
    Didn't Dana say women would never fight int he UFC?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

8. Default

Walker vs the retuen of James Toney
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information