+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White: GSP Wants to Retire Nick Diaz After Diaz Chased Him Around Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    1. Wrestling is for pussies. He is scared to stand with me.
    2. Fuck this man. I just wanna get paid, and I don't wanna deal with this grappling shit.
    3. (insert "bullshit about how his anxiety problems caused him to crumble on the biggest stage" here)
    4. something about greasing
    5. any one of the other 4 plus a whiney incoherent retirement rant.
    6. He doesn't make enough money.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Gonna start by saying that I really enjoy most of the Nick Diaz show and he's my favorite fighter to watch by far.

That said you hear things like this and constantly wonder what's wrong with him. The guy can be so delusional and neurotic. How he has such a big persecution complex is beyond me.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I think he'd be a terrible coach. He's not exactly an articulate speaker and he is also a flake. Who the hell wants an unreliable coach who murmurs and babbles when he is in front of a group of people?

I can't wait to hear Nick's/Cesar's excuses after GSP whoops him.
    Sorry man but GSP isn't whoopin anybody. If anything he will win over leg kicks, and take downs. This fight wont look anything like Benson vs Nate.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Before the press conference starts there's a knock on Diaz's hotel room door. He opens it but nobody is around. A familiar aroma enters his nostrils, and he glances down to see what appears to be a nugget of medical grade marijuana.

"Oooo piece of candy!" he says while picking it up.

But oh look, about 20 inches to the right, another one!

"Ooooo piece of candy!" he happily shouts to no one in particular.

And then another, just a little bit further down the hall.

"Ooooo piece of candy!"

And another and another; leading him along the hallway, past the elevators and into the stairwell.

"Oooo piece of candy!"

"Oooo piece of candy!"

Down the stairs into the bowels of the building he follows the trail of "bread" crumbs, until the trail stops cold.

"Oooo piece of....mother fucker..." Diaz says as he looks around, struggling to hold all of the narcotics sitting in his arms like a newborn baby.

In the middle of what looks like a maintenance room, he surveys his surroundings. Suddenly, a voice speaks out.

"Don't be scared homie"

Diaz spins around, purple nuggets spilling out of his arms, and stares into the cold beady eyes of death itself. The eyes of pure evil. The eyes of the most dangerous man in the welterweight division.

"Don't worry about that press conference," Johny Hendricks says with a smirk.

In one motion the door is slammed shut. The sound of the door being locked echos through the dark empty room, followed by the maniacal laughter of Hendricks.

When news broke that Diaz had missed another press conference, this one two days out from the fight, Dana White was incensed. Dana White was fuming. Dana White was a bubbling volcano of Irish rage, Pierce Brosnan tried to advise the towns people about the dangers but it was too late. Mt. Saint Dana exploded into a expletive fueled rage not seen since UFC 141.

But the gist was this: Diaz was out, Hendricks was in.

Hendricks would go on the make the most of his seemingly random title shot, knocking the champion out cold with a crisp right hand in the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    MMA needs guys like GSP and guys like Diaz both.
    ^^^This.

I never understand why you can't like both. It always seems like most people are big one way or the other. Maybe that is because the haters are more vocal. GSP brings such athleticism, skill, speed, power, and extreme focus to his fights. He is so cerebral with his approach. Diaz on the other hand brings such raw unbridled emotion to his fights. Along with skill he brings about a singular focus to move forward and engage his opponent.

Both men should be admired for their fighting prowess. I swear people act as if Diaz got their sister pregnant and then left her destitute. I hope this fight is money. Diaz didn't deserve it coming off a loss, but that is not his fault. Either way the fight is here and I am going to enjoy the two styles that oppose each other.

Plus anyone thinking that the UFC doesn't think Diaz is a draw, or that they will cut him are crazy, IMO. They gave the guy a title shot when coming off of a loss and a drug suspension. I know GSP asked for it, but he is a draw. I don't think they cut him if he loses.

Just saw GSP drop the puck for the Canadians on sportscenter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    You can have whatever mindset you want, but if you can't stop a takedown, you are gonna spend alot of time on your back.

I think Diaz's mindset is shit. GSP is at a higher level then Diaz without being a douche. Let's not forget that Diaz didn't earn this title fight.

These high level wrestlers have turned me away from the sport more than anything. The ones that actually use their wrestling to get into positions to use other arts are one thing. The ones that use it to lay on their opponent because they have a fear of losing is another. Nick Diaz is twice the fighter than the majority of the wrestlers in the UFC....my opinion.

Who does earn title fights nowadays? It's more about talk than actually performance.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Before the press conference starts there's a knock on Diaz's hotel room door. He opens it but nobody is around. A familiar aroma enters his nostrils, and he glances down to see what appears to be a nugget of medical grade marijuana.

"Oooo piece of candy!" he says while picking it up.

But oh look, about 20 inches to the right, another one!

"Ooooo piece of candy!" he happily shouts to no one in particular.

And then another, just a little bit further down the hall.

"Ooooo piece of candy!"

And another and another; leading him along the hallway, past the elevators and into the stairwell.

"Oooo piece of candy!"

"Oooo piece of candy!"

Down the stairs into the bowels of the building he follows the trail of "bread" crumbs, until the trail stops cold.

"Oooo piece of....mother fucker..." Diaz says as he looks around, struggling to hold all of the narcotics sitting in his arms like a newborn baby.

In the middle of what looks like a maintenance room, he surveys his surroundings. Suddenly, a voice speaks out.

"Don't be scared homie"

Diaz spins around, purple nuggets spilling out of his arms, and stares into the cold beady eyes of death itself. The eyes of pure evil. The eyes of the most dangerous man in the welterweight division.

"Don't worry about that press conference," Johny Hendricks says with a smirk.

In one motion the door is slammed shut. The sound of the door being locked echos through the dark empty room, followed by the maniacal laughter of Hendricks.

When news broke that Diaz had missed another press conference, this one two days out from the fight, Dana White was incensed. Dana White was fuming. Dana White was a bubbling volcano of Irish rage, Pierce Brosnan tried to advise the towns people about the dangers but it was too late. Mt. Saint Dana exploded into a expletive fueled rage not seen since UFC 141.

But the gist was this: Diaz was out, Hendricks was in.

Hendricks would go on the make the most of his seemingly random title shot, knocking the champion out cold with a crisp right hand in the first round.
    You are assuming that Diaz is smart enough to follow a trail.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

It'll be interesting to see the aftermath if Diaz beats GSP. Especially if he finishes him.

Does GSP get an immediate rematch no matter what? I imagine he does.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    These high level wrestlers have turned me away from the sport more than anything. The ones that actually use their wrestling to get into positions to use other arts are one thing. The ones that use it to lay on their opponent because they have a fear of losing is another. Nick Diaz is twice the fighter than the majority of the wrestlers in the UFC....my opinion.

Who does earn title fights nowadays? It's more about talk than actually performance.
    I have heard enough from you to know that the only reason you even pretend to not hate "active" wrestlers is because you know you will take some shit for it. If one of the cores of the sport has turned you away from it then maybe you should find another sport. I am biased towards wrestling, but if a wrestler can't get a takedown, I am not gonna whine when he gets lit up on the feet. The person with the more well rounded skill set decides where the fight goes, and if GSP dominates Diaz with wrestling, guess whose fault that is?
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Diaz probably won't retire, but I wouldn't doubt this will be his last UFC fight unless he pulls off the upset. I don't ever mind watching the Diaz brothers fight, but they're such loads. Love seeing them get beat up. Like the time KJ Noons picked Nick apart and I forget who absolutely slammed Nate through the mat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information