+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Dana White: GSP Wants to Retire Nick Diaz After Diaz Chased Him Around Hotel

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Diaz probably won't retire, but I wouldn't doubt this will be his last UFC fight unless he pulls off the upset. I don't ever mind watching the Diaz brothers fight, but they're such loads. Love seeing them get beat up. Like the time KJ Noons picked Nick apart and I forget who absolutely slammed Nate through the mat.
    Rory "he could bang my mom, grandmother, and future daughters and I would still like him because of what he did to Nate Diaz" MacDonald
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,465

    Default

    Zahabi: I've never seen Georges this angry
    Zahabi: I've never seen Georges this angry - Mixed Martial Arts News
    On Saturday night Georges St-Pierre battles Nick Diaz for his welterweight championship and this might be the most fired up Georges St-Pierre we have ever seen. See what Georges himself and trainer Firas Zahabi had to say about being angry going into this fight:


    "They take some line that I said ... I don't know when I said that (about being angry)," St-Pierre told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps). "There's only three guys that have been nice with me in the UFC, that never said anything bad about me leading up to the fight. All the rest have said bad stuff, so I'm used to that position. It's no big deal."

    But Firas Zahabi, his longtime trainer and coach at Tristar Gym in Montreal, on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com that his star pupil might not yet realize just how angry he really is after what amounts to years of trash talk from Diaz.

    "I think I've never seen Georges this angry," Zahabi said. "Maybe he doesn't realize it as much, but he's been insulted many times – worse, even. But I think what pissed off Georges the most is he was insulted while he was sidelined. Nobody else insulted him except Nick Diaz when he was sidelined. He said, 'You're faking. Where are you? Don't be scared,' insinuating that he was lying about his injury. He had a serious injury, and I think Georges carried that with him a long time. After his operation, Georges was in a lot of pain, and he had guys on his list – and Nick Diaz was on top of it."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  3. #33

    Default

    ugh.

    tired of the overhype already.

    boycotting this subject.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,465

    Default

    I love how this drama just happened to come out at the perfect time. All in the UFC - Nick Diaz bad boy promo hype machine's big plans. This 'story' sat on the back burner for a year only to be told a few days before the big fight, Dana must be taking lessons from Vince McMann.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I have heard enough from you to know that the only reason you even pretend to not hate "active" wrestlers is because you know you will take some shit for it. If one of the cores of the sport has turned you away from it then maybe you should find another sport. I am biased towards wrestling, but if a wrestler can't get a takedown, I am not gonna whine when he gets lit up on the feet. The person with the more well rounded skill set decides where the fight goes, and if GSP dominates Diaz with wrestling, guess whose fault that is?

    Haha! Touched a nerve. I love wrestlers who actually utilize martial arts. I actually come from a BJJ background so I love all aspects of grappling. Striking is my second art. You've obviously not been around long enough to see in my posts that I don't whine. I just tell it like I see it. Conversation...not trying to degrade the guy you are responding to.

    You are wrong about the more well rounded skill set. So a fighter that has been taking karate, muay thai, bjj, judo, etc.....fights a fighter that has ONLY trained in wrestling his whole life...the wrestler has a more well rounded skillset than the other fighter because the other fighter can't stuff a takedown from an olympic wrestler??? Anderson is less well rounded than Bader? That's just stupid to say.

    I've said my piece. Gave my opinion which doesn't have to be agreed with by you, hence the term "my opinion."

    I have heard enough from you to know that the only reason you even pretend to not hate "active" wrestlers is because you know you will take some shit for it
    That's just priceless. Would you consider GSP a wrestler? So I should be pretending to hate him, right? GSP is my second favorite fighter of all time behind BJ. My wife and I love watching GSP fight. So yeah, I guess you're right
    Last edited by TN94z; 03-14-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

    HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    Haha! Touched a nerve. I love wrestlers who actually utilize martial arts. I actually come from a BJJ background so I love all aspects of grappling. Striking is my second art. You've obviously not been around long enough to see in my posts that I don't whine. I just tell it like I see it. Conversation...not trying to degrade the guy you are responding to.

    You are wrong about the more well rounded skill set. So a fighter that has been taking karate, muay thai, bjj, judo, etc.....fights a fighter that has ONLY trained in wrestling his whole life...the wrestler has a more well rounded skillset than the other fighter because the other fighter can't stuff a takedown from an olympic wrestler??? Anderson is less well rounded than Bader? That's just stupid to say.

    I've said my piece. Gave my opinion which doesn't have to be agreed with by you, hence the term "my opinion."



    That's just priceless. Would you consider GSP a wrestler? So I should be pretending to hate him, right? GSP is my second favorite fighter of all time behind BJ. My wife and I love watching GSP fight. So yeah, I guess you're right.
    Wrestling does not cancel everything out. Take Sonnen-Silva 1 for example, Sonnen got beat because he wasn't well rounded enough. I love wrestling, and I defend it because whenever somebody loses to a wrestler, it is somehow the wrestlers "fault" that they won, and not the fault of the loser. Who gives a shit if a guy can stand and bang, if he can't defend anything that isn't striking. I hate that guys (winners) like GSP and Fitch get bashed (cut in Fitch's case) for playing it safe, but guys like Hardy and Diaz get praised for loving slugfests when mostly they are just compensating for a glaring hole in their game. This is a sport and skill should not be ignored in favor of entertainment. Name another sport where winning is frowned upon if it isn't exciting? If a football team went 16-0, but only won by scores of 3-0, 6-0, and 6-3, it would be boring as fuck to watch, but they would be praised. Let's look at the opposite end of the spectrum, which is less talented guys who are getting undeserved opportunities because they are "exciting" (I say that sarcastically because I do not find it entertaining that Diaz throwing his hands up like a jackass because his opponent isn't engaging him or hurting him or whatever the reason, even though Diaz usually isn't doing shit either or hurting the other guy). If a baseball player could hit monster 600 foot homeruns but he only did it like 5% of the time, and struck out the rest, would he have a job? The answer is no because baseball is a sport, and in sports winning is the important thing. If a guy is damn good, but he is boring, he is still gonna get his praise and his opportunity to shine. If a guy is fun to watch, but he is missing major parts of his game, his career is gonna be short lived. That's how actual sports work.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    with my parents of course
    Posts
    2,616

    Default

    I think most people think George will take this fight, I think Diaz pulls an upset. I like George and dislike Diaz. But I think Diaz could sub George on the ground and out strike him on his feet. If george fights him smart like Condit did, then he could win a UD, but if he tries to finish Diaz he's gonna get cut up and punished. This is one fight he should just fight smart and win, worry about finishing in the next one....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

    "I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I love how this drama just happened to come out at the perfect time. All in the UFC - Nick Diaz bad boy promo hype machine's big plans. This 'story' sat on the back burner for a year only to be told a few days before the big fight, Dana must be taking lessons from Vince McMann.
    Manufactured drama. It isn't the first time and it isn't the last.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Wrestling does not cancel everything out. Take Sonnen-Silva 1 for example, Sonnen got beat because he wasn't well rounded enough.
    I agree, wrestling doesn't cancel everything out but you take an olympic wrestler against a blue belt in BJJ, for instance, that triangle may have never happened...but that still doesn't mean the wrestler is more well rounded. Sonnen wasn't well rounded enough to stop the triangle, and yet he dictated where the fight was held. Earlier you said that the more well rounded fighter dictates where the fight takes place.

    I love wrestling, and I defend it because whenever somebody loses to a wrestler, it is somehow the wrestlers "fault" that they won, and not the fault of the loser. Who gives a shit if a guy can stand and bang, if he can't defend anything that isn't striking. I hate that guys (winners) like GSP and Fitch get bashed (cut in Fitch's case) for playing it safe, but guys like Hardy and Diaz get praised for loving slugfests when mostly they are just compensating for a glaring hole in their game.
    I have nothing against wrestlers that use more than just wrestling. I personally wouldn't say that it's a wrestlers fault for winning a fight on the ground. It's obviously the mistakes made by the loser. I don't "bash" GSP, I just feel that he fights more safe than he used to it has affected his performances. Fitch, that's just a whole other story. I don't look for slug fests either but I don't think that's what Diaz does. Diaz, aside from his personality, is a very talented fighter and pretty well rounded in my opinion. Most, I'll say casual fans, look at the what the wrestlers are doing and think they are not trying to finish where the guys that are standing and striking or attempting subs are trying to finish.

    This is a sport and skill should not be ignored in favor of entertainment. Name another sport where winning is frowned upon if it isn't exciting? If a football team went 16-0, but only won by scores of 3-0, 6-0, and 6-3, it would be boring as fuck to watch, but they would be praised. Let's look at the opposite end of the spectrum, which is less talented guys who are getting undeserved opportunities because they are "exciting" (I say that sarcastically because I do not find it entertaining that Diaz throwing his hands up like a jackass because his opponent isn't engaging him or hurting him or whatever the reason, even though Diaz usually isn't doing shit either or hurting the other guy). If a baseball player could hit monster 600 foot homeruns but he only did it like 5% of the time, and struck out the rest, would he have a job? The answer is no because baseball is a sport, and in sports winning is the important thing. If a guy is damn good, but he is boring, he is still gonna get his praise and his opportunity to shine. If a guy is fun to watch, but he is missing major parts of his game, his career is gonna be short lived. That's how actual sports work.
    I agree 150%. I can't stand that the sport has been heading more towards entertainment. I can tell you as a football fan, that if a team had the record you mentioned, they would bashed so hard it would be ridiculous! People want to see offense in all sports...including MMA. Diaz is getting his shot because GSP asked for it. You really think that Diaz would be fighting for a title this weekend had GSP not asked for the fight? Blame this particular fight on GSP, not the sport leading towards entertainment.If a guy is damn good, but boring to watch, I just don't think the fan base will be there for that player regardless of sport...not today. Sports are entertainment and if you aren't making a name for yourself as being fun to watch, then you aren't going to have a fan base. Baseball, basketball, football, mma, etc....it's all a business now and it's all about the money. A team employees their players because of their ability to help the team win, which in turn makes the team more money. It's the same, in MMA. The UFC employees fighters to put on good fights which in turn makes the UFC more money. The guys like Diaz, Sonnen, etc...understand that making a name for themselves (good or bad) puts butts in the seats and makes the UFC more money. It's all about the money.

    Okay, let me set my side straight here because I really don't think you know where I am coming from even though you said you had heard enough (and I honestly am not arguing here, just think you have gotten the wrong impression).

    I have nothing against wrestlers in general. I don't like the wrestlers that come in and can only wrestle and takes their opponents down and do just enough to not get stood up. They can't strike, they have no submission skills, their GnP is very average, etc...they just have the strength and base to keep the guy down. I love seeing a wrestler get a huge takedown, transition, transition, GnP until they get a TKO or sub. I like wrestles that mix things up. They have enough skill that they don't rely solely on that wrestling ability to be competitive. It's called MMA...some of these guys think it's still wrestling. There is a difference.

    Now having said that, if you are fighting a wrestler that takes you down and you can't do anything with him, go back to the drawing board and learn TDD or figure out a strategy to nullify the wrestling. It works both ways and I really feel that way.

    I mean I like GSP, Hughes, Kos, Cain, Bendo, etc.....because they mix it up. I have nothing against well rounded wrestlers.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

    HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •