+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz: ‘Georges St-Pierre is on Plenty of Steroids’

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Do you think GSP would fight Hendricks on one day notice? What would they have to pay him to make that happen (20 mil?)? Not that he is scared of Hendricks, just that JH and ND are such different opponents to train for.
    Yes I do think he would fight him on one day notice and so would Hendricks IMO.

BJ Penn pulled this same shit during the build up to their second fight and look how well that worked out for him. Lets see, call out Georges, insult him endlessly then acuse him of using PED's. Thats a great game plan to getting your ass kicked by a pissed off GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    A pretty bold statement from a guy who couldnt pass a drug test with a cheat sheet.
    Because we all know that chronic surely gives you the edge in fights.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Stupid childish statements from a stupid child.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Diaz should have someone sit next to him and translate. I think sometime he starts off with valid points and then they just go way way off the beating path. He should have someone next to him and he whispers his answer and then they translate for him.
    Miz you know I like you alot, but I just don't see how you think much of anything Diaz says is valid. The guy just doesn't seem to live in the real world.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Ima huge diaz fan, always will be, LOVE his fights....but man, I can see why he hates the media...pretty sure i read he is adhd and anytime he gets talking about something he just rants n trails off. Certainly a familiar symptom

Do you think GSP would fight Hendricks on one day notice? What would they have to pay him to make that happen (20 mil?)? Not that he is scared of Hendricks, just that JH and ND are such different opponents to train for.
    Absolutely. They'd have to throw GSP some money to make it worth his while, but Hendricks is just as much of a walkthrough for Georges as Diaz is, only in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Because we all know that chronic surely gives you the edge in fights.
    Nobody is saying that marijuana is a performance enhancing drug. Just that if anyone is going to fail a drug test here it's most likely Diaz. Especially since GSP has never been remotely linked to any form of performance enhancing drugs.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Absolutely. They'd have to throw GSP some money to make it worth his while, but Hendricks is just as much of a walkthrough for Georges as Diaz is, only in different ways.
    Honest opinion FG (because I know you're a GSP fan) but how much - if at all - do you think the fact that Diaz and Hendricks are southpaws would impact on GSP's strategy? I ask because so much of GSP's offense is predicated on his dominant jab. As you know when an orthodox fighter faces a southpaw the jab tends to be less effective for both fighters as it is more easily negated by their opponent's lead hand.

I also ask because I can't recall the last time GSP faced a southpaw - feel free to correct me if I'm missing anyone obvious. Has he ever faced a southpaw in his career? Do you think that has the potential to throw him off his game somewhat?

Personally, I find it quite interesting that he's facing Diaz and then has the potential to face Hendricks (although I'm rooting for Condit) meaning he could be fighting southpaws back to back.

Out of the two I think Hendricks has the better shot at victory due to his superior wrestling and bigger power in his overhand left, even though I rate Diaz as the superior boxer. I'd still be picking GSP as the unbackable favourite in either fight - I just think the southpaw factor could make it more interesting than some of his recent orthodox opponents.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information