Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herschel Walker wants one last fight...in the UFC

Default Herschel Walker wants one last fight...in the UFC

Herschel Walker wants one last fight...in the UFC - Mixed Martial Arts News

The 51-year-old former NCAA and NFL star -- not to mention Olympian -- hasn't fought in over two years, however, he told The Lavar Arrington Show with Chad Dukess on 106.7 The Fan in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, that he wants to fight one more time, and he wants that fight to take place inside the UFC Octagon.

"I would love to do it again," he said. "I absolutely love MMA. I think it's an excellent sport.

"If I was younger, I would be doing it right now. Because I'm a little bit older and I have a business going, I would like to do one more fight and then, I think, it's time for me step aside and give it to the young people. But I would love to do one more fight."

it's time for me step aside and give it to the young people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Didn't Dana say he'd never fight in UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

The man is a true athlete. He LOVES the sport. I wouldnt mind seeing him compete one last time.
    One last fight will garner some more attention to the UFC. His purse will most likely be donated to charity. I honestly can't think of any downsides to seeing Herschel Walker compete one last time.

If the UFC can give a illiterate dumbass like James Toney a fight in the UFC, surely they can give one to the respectful, classy guy that is Herschel Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    The man is a true athlete. He LOVES the sport. I wouldnt mind seeing him compete one last time.
    One last fight will garner some more attention to the UFC. His purse will most likely be donated to charity. I honestly can't think of any downsides to seeing Herschel Walker compete one last time.

If the UFC can give a illiterate dumbass like James Toney a fight in the UFC, surely they can give one to the respectful, classy guy that is Herschel Walker.
    Against who? Are they going to dredge up some can fighting in Nebraska for him to throw down with? Who on the roster now do you think Walker would pose a challenge to?

What does the UFC have to lose? How about replays of a 50+ year old man getting destroyed inside of a cage being shown on ESPN for the next 5 years. You think seeing a legendary football player getting the grey hairs beat off his ass by a fighter half his age is going to be good for the UFC or even the sport of MMA in general?

This shit was fine in Strikeforce. If he wants to fight, go to Legacy or Shark Fights or some shit. No business in the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    ....so you're saying theres a chance?! lol

yea, not in the ufc but I wouldn't mind seeing the guy fight again. I was surprised he didn't fight again for sf after his the last victory he had

Didnt Dana also say women would never fight in the UFC... Oh and didnt Dana also say Kimbo Slice would never fight in the UFC.. Oh, oh and didnt Dana say James Toney would never fight in the UFC...

Expect a fight announcement for Walker in the UFC soon.

he may have but never happens a lot for Dana

Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    ....so you're saying theres a chance?! lol

yea, not in the ufc but I wouldn't mind seeing the guy fight again. I was surprised he didn't fight again for sf after his the last victory he had
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Didnt Dana also say women would never fight in the UFC... Oh and didnt Dana also say Kimbo Slice would never fight in the UFC.. Oh, oh and didnt Dana say James Toney would never fight in the UFC...

Expect a fight announcement for Walker in the UFC soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    he may have but never happens a lot for Dana
    Haha I'm glad you guys picked up on that. I'd love to see him fight again but I really don't think the UFC is the best place for him. WSOF anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Against who? Are they going to dredge up some can fighting in Nebraska for him to throw down with? Who on the roster now do you think Walker would pose a challenge to?

What does the UFC have to lose? How about replays of a 50+ year old man getting destroyed inside of a cage being shown on ESPN for the next 5 years. You think seeing a legendary football player getting the grey hairs beat off his ass by a fighter half his age is going to be good for the UFC or even the sport of MMA in general?

This shit was fine in Strikeforce. If he wants to fight, go to Legacy or Shark Fights or some shit. No business in the UFC.
    But what if he won?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information