Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White says winner of Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt is the number one contender

Default White says winner of Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt is the number one contender

Dana White says winner of Junior dos Santos vs. Mark Hunt is the number one contender - Bloody Elbow

In today's UFC 158 press conference media scrum, Dana White confirmed that the upcoming HW fight between Junior dos Santos and Mark Hunt will determine the "#1 contender".
    Adam Martin @MMAdamMartin

Dana just told me the winner of JDS/Hunt is the No. 1 contender. Said if Hunt knocks out Junior, "how do you not give him the title shot?'
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

#1 contender Mark Hunt! Get ready for the future everyone!

Most likely JDS takes a decision. I guess Overeem is out of the mix? I thought Werdum was getting a shot if he beat Nog? It's hard to keep track of all Dana's #1 contender promises.
    ďDiscussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.Ē

3. Default

Adam Martin @MMAdamMartin

Dana just told me the winner of JDS/Hunt is the No. 1 contender. Said if Hunt knocks out Junior, "how do you not give him the title shot?'
    Ask Hendricks.

4. 03-15-2013, 04:23 AM

Lov them both but would be awesome to see Hunt on one last run!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb View Post
    #1 contender Mark Hunt! Get ready for the future everyone!

Most likely JDS takes a decision. I guess Overeem is out of the mix? I thought Werdum was getting a shot if he beat Nog? It's hard to keep track of all Dana's #1 contender promises.
    - Antonio Silva gets outwrestled again by Cain and TKOd
    - Werdum gets KTFO by Cain.
    - Nog gets KTFO by Cain
    - Hunt gets outwrestled

The only two wild cards are JDS and Overeem.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

How the fuck Overreem's name even came up in the HW title conversation unless it is to say he does not belong in it is beyond me.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

I actually think Hunt stands a pretty good chance against dos Santos. And if JDS can clip Velasquez in the first minute so can he. I know it's kind of a far out thought but I think Mark Hunt could be the next Champion.

....Wow, did I just say that?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Honestly if Hunt beats JDS he should be the number 1 contender. I doubt he will but if the miracle does happen then he has more then earned his shot. On the other hand if JDS beats Hunt I think he still would need another win. Hunt is maybe a cusp Top Ten right now. Meanwhile Werdum who is a Top 5 HW has been on a roll and if he beats Big Nog has a much stronger arguement for a title shot then JDS.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

1) Cain
    2) JDS
    3) Bigfoot
    4) Cormier
    5) Werdum
    6) Overoid
    7) Frank Mir
    8) Mark Hunt
    9) Big Nog
    10) Josh Barnett

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    1) Cain
    2) JDS
    3) Bigfoot
    4) Cormier
    5) Werdum
    6) Overoid
    7) Frank Mir
    8) Mark Hunt
    9) Big Nog
    10) Josh Barnett
    There is not way I would put Hunt over Barnett or Big Nog at this point. His run has been cool and all but he has not wins over anyone of note. Struve is a nice win but it is nothing to really hang your hat on. Hell I think I would consider putting Nelson over Hunt right now in the Top 10.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information