Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White wants ACs to ban TRT

Default White wants ACs to ban TRT

White wants ACs to ban TRT - Mixed Martial Arts News

Cornered by persistent questions about drug testing in the UFC, Dana White said his current goal is to eradicate exemptions for testosterone replacement therapy.

"Then when you show up for a fight, the state athletic commissions will do their testing however they do their testing," White said following a pre-event news conference for UFC 158, which takes place Saturday at Montreal's Bell Centre.

"If you ask for a TRT exemption, you are going to be tested brutally," White said.

"We're focusing on the things that we can manage," White said, later adding that he would also test any fighter suspected of PED use.

At this point, that means making TRT an unattractive option for fighters without a legitimate medical need for it.

"This is baby steps," White said. "I don't just come out and say, 'Here's what I'd like all the athletic commissions to do across the country.' I don't know how many times I have to tell you guys, they don't give a f--k what I think. They regulate me.

"It's very easy for me to go with the flow on TRT: 'Hey, commission says it's fine.' I'm against it. But there's only so much you can do."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I am fine with them brutally testing guys that want to use TRT. If they are using it proberly they should have no problem passing and moving on (Hendo). However I think banning is going too far since it is a precribed covered medical procedure. Hell it is so common now that even have commericals for it on TV and there isn't a health insurance company that wouldn't cover it.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Didn't see anything in the quotes where Dana boy ever said he wanted to ban TRT outright...

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Didn't see anything in the quotes where Dana boy ever said he wanted to ban TRT outright...
    The articles stem from the post fight media scrum Dana held. Dana went off on TRT and was very clear he would like to see it banned but does not have the power to do so.

Not sure what to think of Dana on this one. He's one of the most powerful and influential voices in the sport. It's about fucking time he use that power and influence to lead the sport forward.

But the truth is he's probably making these public claims in response to the fan backlash/bad press the UFC's been getting over TRT, and not for the greater good of fighter safety and fairness.

Where was all this tough talk when Marquardt failed his medicals? It was all about, "Nate hurt the UFC," not "Nate threatened fighter safety."
    Last edited by trustkill; 03-15-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The articles stem from the post fight media scrum Dana held. Dana went off on TRT and was very clear he would like to see it banned but does not have the power to do so.

Thanks. Would see lots of fighters go bye bye if that happened overnight!

Silly,uneducated judging and archaic rules are much more detrimental to MMA than TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Silly,uneducated judging and archaic rules are much more detrimental to MMA than TRT.
    What archaic rules are more detrimental to mma than the issue of TRT abuse and fighter safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    What archaic rules are more detrimental to mma than the issue of TRT abuse and fighter safety?
    The many rules which favor wrestlers should be reviewed, including no knees on the ground. By archaic rules, I mean the ones, which hold the sport back. The judging criteria and the Unified Rules need a revamp.

It is clear that the 10pt must system is a failure and half for this sport.

TRT abuse can be tested for, it is not like it is invisible.

Isotope testing is available. If Dana White has such a problem with it, then Zuffa, the billionaires, can foot the bill.

People speak as if TRT used without exemptions is the death of MMA. No, it is easily tested for. Problem is that it costs $500 dollars?

Solution?

Zuffa has enough money to equip a lab of it's own. If it has qualms with AC testing, they can do it themselves. Thing is that they don't really. They don't care enough to let it affect the bottomline. So like the issues of judging, they will not lobby for change and instead keep the status quo while trying to reap profits from China, India and Timbuktu.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 03-15-2013 at 07:12 PM.

I would rather see fighters retire earlier, than 100s of fighters allowed to use Trt. If this doest get nipped at the bud so to say, its only going to get worse.

Id MUCH rather have Dana(or anyone wth power) against this, than "all for it" myself. Just my views.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Thread Information