Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White wants ACs to ban TRT

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I am fine with them brutally testing guys that want to use TRT. If they are using it proberly they should have no problem passing and moving on (Hendo). However I think banning is going too far since it is a precribed covered medical procedure. Hell it is so common now that even have commericals for it on TV and there isn't a health insurance company that wouldn't cover it.
    This, and I would like to add that someone with so much power shouldn't have said power if they can't control their knee jerk reactions. The man is nothing but extremes, he can't see a grey area, and he is always loud and opinionated about his extremes. Between that and his super fight shit, I think he is hurting mma more than anything else.

P.S. I realize he has did alot for the sport, but he can also hurt it too. I view him as a little kid that built a beautiful sandcatle, and then started pissing on it just because he can.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

2. Default

If DW wants no TRT in the UFC he can get it as a employer. He can upgrade a rule but can't down grade a rule though. He would need it in contract so it would take awhile to get all fighters under that umbrella, but it's possible. I see this as DW blowing smoke.

Dana White would be happy with owning the UFC in the same fashion as PRIDE, the steroid league, if the US didn't overregulate life.

4. Default

The only real problem that I see with Dana lobbying for a ban on TRT, is that based on the statements he's made, he's working solely for his own personal agenda and not for "the good of the sport". Im not trying to debate the legitimancy(yeah, I spelled that wrong) of TRT or whatever, just Dana's apparent motivation for his direction on it. This week, its TRT he hates. Who knows what next week's crusade will be?

If he really felt that strongly about it, it would be in UFC contracts that athletes were not permitted to use it, and any usage would result in termination of employment.

TRT is the talk of the town so he is going to talk about it.

Next PPV judging will be an issue because it always is and he will make some silly soundbyte about it.

Dana White only made comments saying he disagrees with how some people use it and 1000s of shitty MMA outlets made different articles about these comments.

How his words have blown out of proportion is more a commentary on sensationalism in journalism then it is on Dana White and his bald head.

Alot of these fighters could be taking Tribulus supplements instead of synthetic testosterone.

Very few have a medical need for TRT.

TRT should be legal with stringent testing of before and after their treatments.

An ideal world does not exist because you have too many people greedmongering for change to actually happen.

Thread Information