Thread: Glory signs TV broadcast deal with CBS Sports

Default GLORY signs TV broadcast deal with CBS Sports

GLORY kickboxing promotion signs television broadcast deal with CBS Sports - MMAmania.com

Glory Sports International and CBS Sports Network have reached an agreement to showcase action from the world's premier kickboxing league, beginning with the star-studded GLORY 7 event in Milan, Italy on Saturday, April 20.

The CBS Sports Network telecast of the nine-bout GLORY 7 Milan kickboxing event from Mediolanum Forum, headlined by a showdown between world No. 1 ranked lightweight (154 pounds/70 kilograms) Giorgio Petrosyan (75-1, 35 KOs) of Italy and fellow sensation Hafid El Boustati (67-7-3, 18 KOs) of The Netherlands, will air at 1:00 a.m. ET/10:00 p.m. PT on Sunday, April 21 (Same day delay).
    This is good news for Kickboxing fans in the U.S. GLORY is now the premier Kickboxing organization in the world and put on some amazing fight cards.

For any of you Kickboxing fans in New York, they are going to be holding GLORY 9 at the Hammerstein Ballroom on June 22. The rumored Main Event is Semmy Schilt vs. Gokhan Saki for the GLORY Heavyweight Title. Tickets are now on sale at ticketmaster.com:

Tickets | Glory 9 NYC Kickboxing - New York NY at Ticketmaster

Glad to see kickboxing back on tv.

^Yes, it's nice that GLORY is getting so big they got a U.S. TV deal. As K-1 continues to crumble, GLORY will only get bigger. It's a shame to see what's become of K-1. It's almost like watching PRIDE die.

But slower
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Damn. Wish I could see this, but it's on the most expensive FiOS "tier" of programming. I'm lucky enough to get all UFC programming as it is, as well as WSOF. I really don't see GLORY doing too well in ratings. But hopefully I'm wrong, and other cable/satellite carriers have it on their less expensive "tiers", and they do well. Otherwise, I hope CBS takes it far more serious and lowers their CBS Sports to a lower "tier". Yes... I'm totally bitter.

^Really? That's too bad. CBS Sports comes with the basic package with DirecTV. Completely love DirecTV. Get so many channels with the basic package. The only channels I pay extra for are HBO and Showtime.

Thread Information