Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CroCop wins the 2013 K1 GP

Default CroCop wins the 2013 K1 GP

Please see title

2. Default

lot of info you provided us with there

K-1 Grand Prix results fight video: Mirko Cro Cop wins K-1 Grand Prix 2013 - Bloody Elbow

Seventeen years after making his K-1 debut, Cro Cop has finally done it. Mirko Cro Cop has won the K-1 Grand Prix 2013. The UFC, Pride, and K-1 legend claimed the crown today in Zagreb, Croatia, defeating Ismael Londt in the finals. Along the way, Cro Cop also defeated Jarrell Miller and Pavel Zhuravlev, all via decision.

Check out the full fight video of the Cro Cop vs. Ismael Londt finals above.

Despite the great story of the aging legend finally winning the big one in his home country, Cro Cop's win does not come without controversy. His quarterfinal win over Miller was, in all honesty, a bad decision, as Miller should have taken the win. His other victories were more definitive, as he scored a knockdown in the finals to cement the win there.

The other big name on the show was Badr Hari, fighting for the first time since serving time in prison last year. Hari defeated Zabit Samedov in the quarterfinals via decision, though it was a weird fight, with Hari tagged on more than one occasion. He did score a pair of knockdowns though, and that was enough for the win, even if it was sloppy at times. Unfortunately, it was later revealed that Hari broke his foot in the fight, and he was unable to continue in the tournament. Dzevad Poturak took Hari's semi-final slot against Londt.

Overall, it was not the best show ever with a lot of strange fights and odd moments. But the finale of Cro Cop winning more than makes up for any issues along the way. Who knows what the future holds for K-1, or even if there is a future, but if they go out with Mirko Cro Cop as GP champion, that will be a fine ending in my book.

I love Crocop to death, but this whole thing reeks of a work

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I love Crocop to death, but this whole thing reeks of a work
    Agreed.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Good for CroCop.
    USA! USA! USA!

Are there any videos??

I do not think it was a worked show!
    There are bad judges everywhere.

Crocop is a hero! He would not have won it if there were competing people like Schilt, Ghita, Saki etc.
    But still, Crocop is a beast! Athis age, after so many wars, he is still able to compete and defeat fighters that are probably 15 years younger than he is!

Obviously K-1 is not anymore what it used to be, but that is not Mirko's fault!

War Crocop!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I have read crazier shit...I think.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

His 1st win was total bullshit.

And the last guy he fought has bad cardio and had a couple tough fights...and had nothing left. It wasn't that impressive honestly.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I don't think the fights were fixed, but this tournament was set-up for a Cro Cop win. No doubt about it. This had to be the least stacked K-1 GP ever, and it was in his backyard.

Thread Information