Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CroCop wins the 2013 K1 GP

It's a shame what K-1 has become. On the bright side GLORY is stacking their roster and are now the premier kickboxing org.

I love CroCop, but that wasn't a win against Miller, he looked slow and just got outworked.

Looking at the Glory fighters I think CroCop is better off in K-1. Some vicious fights in Glory5.

great for him to retire with that title under his belt, even if the talent pool was substantially shallower than in previous years.

shocking that he can be knocked out by a schlub like shaub and then go win the world championship in kickboxing two years later. hrmmm.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I'm genuinely surprised at this, even if one of the wins was controversial, as Crocop seemed very gunshy in his last few UFC fights

it is odd. he was so gunshy and had completely lost his killer instinct. then he leaves the UFC and immediately beats... was it aerts or sefo?
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Sefo
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

People are giving too much credit for this one. K-1 is garbage these days. All the best guys are in GLORY.

8. Default

Could you imagine Cro Cop vs Badr Hari? Despite the fact that Cro Cop won the GP, and Hari just lost...

... I think Hari would murder that nice old Croation man.
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaShogunRua View Post
    People are giving too much credit for this one. K-1 is garbage these days. All the best guys are in GLORY.
    Obviously the best guys are in Glory, but are you seriously saying that K-1 is garbage??? It is not that the fighters there have the stand up skills of the likes of Aoki or Jake Shields. Obviously they are not in the same level of the Glory fighters, but garbage???
    It is like saying that fighters in ONE FC are garbage.

And Crocop deserves the credit he is getting for winning this one. No one is saying that now he is the best striker in the world, but considering how damaged he is, how he was almost retired, how he ended his UFC career with 3 KO loses to guys that are not even his shadow in the striking aspect.
    And to return to kickboxing and win an important belt is indeed a big deal.

Yeah obviously he would lose to the Top guys in Glory, and yes he would also lose to Badr Hari, but still winning the K-1 GP even if K-1 is not the same as before is not something that anyone can do.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

^Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

I think that K-1 is hot garbage now, especially in their heavyweight class. K-1 MAX still has a few good guys like Kyshenko, Zambidis, Groenhart, and Souwer. Other than that, there isn't much to see. I've been a K-1 fan since way back. It's just not the same anymore, plain and simple.

Thread Information