Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White: Andrei Arlovski vs Anthony Johnson at WSOF 2 not a 'legitimate' fight

Hybrid View

Default White: Andrei Arlovski vs Anthony Johnson at WSOF 2 not a 'legitimate' fight

Dana White: Andrei Arlovski vs Anthony Johnson at WSOF 2 not a 'legitimate' fight - MMAmania.com

Company president Dana White, who has always been fond of "The Pitbull," was recently asked at the UFC 158 post-fight media scrum if he would ever consider bringing Arlovski back into the mix. And even though he didn't exactly shut down the possibility, he did say his former champion has to up the level of competition because fighting a Welterweight like Anthony Johnson isn't going to cut it.

His words:

"The problem with that fight is, it's not a legitimate fight to me. For Arlovksi to want to get back into the UFC, he's a heavyweight fighting a 170-pounder, you know what I mean? "Rumble" has trouble making weight, but he's not a heavyweight. I don't know man. I just don't know. I like Andrei Arlovksi and when he left the UFC, there were no issues whatsoever. We respect him, his management. The way that they handled everything back then -- there are a lot of guys who leave and do it the wrong way and burn bridges and stuff like that. Like Tim Sylvia. Lot's of people talk about Tim Sylvia. Tim Sylvia couldn't have been a worse fucking guy when he was here and how he left and how he did it and everything else. Then you look at a guy like Arlovski who couldn't have left the company in a better way. Just because you leave, doesn't mean it's on bad terms. I just don't know if Arlovski is at that level and a fight against "Rumble" Johnson isn't going to make us go, ‘holy shit, Arlovski is going to be back in the UFC.'"
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

I wonder how the rules apply for MMA as a employer when asked on a former employe for a refrence really can't bad mouth them or it's in the area of diffenmation of charicter. Cause DW sure bad mouths alot of his employee's former and present

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I wonder how the rules apply for MMA as a employer when asked on a former employe for a refrence really can't bad mouth them or it's in the area of diffenmation of charicter. Cause DW sure bad mouths alot of his employee's former and present
    MMA fighters wouldn't be classified as employees. They would be classified as contracted workers. It would more like someone questioning you about the quality of work the last plumber did on your house. If it was shitty you are allowed to say it's shitty.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

i'm kinda inclined to agree. at most, rumble is a lhw. not a "real" heavyweight.

and if arlovski loses this, it makes him look that much worse in my opinion. this fight really doesn't do much for andrei and it's kinda high risk. should be exciting while it lasts though.
    lemme touch your feet

AA will never be ready for Cain,JDS, or any of the UFC top ten HW's

6. Default

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    this picture may have been taken before AA ate a fatass

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Arlovski looks like he's 2 weight classes larger in this photo imo. I'm not really crazy about this fight but I think it'll be pretty competitive. AJ is a much hungrier fighter, and I bet he still has plenty of power at that weight.

Zombie is born!

First of all, Johnson got cut because he missed the MW limit by 12 pounds. Second, even when he was fighting at WW, I remember him saying he could get up to 220 between fights. Arlovski is not fighting a WW, I'd be surprised if he weighs even 10 pounds heavier than Johnson at the weigh ins.

10. Default

Makes me wonder if Dana has seen anything of AJ since he left the UFC. Didnt he move to 185 for his 1st fight out, then 205 for his second?

Thread Information