+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White: Andrei Arlovski vs Anthony Johnson at WSOF 2 not a 'legitimate' fight

If Arlovski had any kind of chin he would probably go down as one of the greatest HWs of all time and would still be a major player right now. The guy's hands are easily some of the best in MMA period. But the problem is a stiff breezes KOs him.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Who the fuck would be legit seriouslyyyy? Everyone outside of the UFC with a name not named Sergei AA has laid a whoopin on..Guess that leaves AA fucked considering any legit HW with a name is in the UFC.
    Last edited by TheDoucheyWun; 03-16-2013 at 09:09 PM. Reason: I R Dumb
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Somebody explain to Dana White that you are only in a weight class because that is your weight presently, not what you weighed in the past.

I feel bad Rumble got cut. In his lone fight at Middleweight he looked very impressive, even though he lost. I wasn't really a fan of his when he was a Welterweight but that could've changed if he had stayed in the MW division.

How he missed weight by twelve pounds is amazing. I mean I can't believe he only missed weight at WW four times? He had even less of a cut to make and he still misses it? I see why Dana cut him after that.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

So it's OK for a bigger fighter [Anderson] to want to fight a smaller fighter [Georges] when it makes dana money...but it's not OK for a bigger fighter [Arlovski] wanting to fight a smaller fighter [Johnson] because they want to make themselves money.

That makes perfect sense.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Another couple wins and Arlovski will be back in the UFC. He'll never see the title again, but he'll make a good gate keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I wonder how the rules apply for MMA as a employer when asked on a former employe for a refrence really can't bad mouth them or it's in the area of diffenmation of charicter. Cause DW sure bad mouths alot of his employee's former and present
    MMA fighters wouldn't be classified as employees. They would be classified as contracted workers. It would more like someone questioning you about the quality of work the last plumber did on your house. If it was shitty you are allowed to say it's shitty.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Arlovski looks like he's 2 weight classes larger in this photo imo. I'm not really crazy about this fight but I think it'll be pretty competitive. AJ is a much hungrier fighter, and I bet he still has plenty of power at that weight.

Zombie is born!

9. 03-16-2013, 11:46 PM

That's going to be odd, since AJ is going to KO AA.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information