Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Nick Diaz [Spoiler]

Default The Future of Nick Diaz [Spoiler]

Forget the questions about "Will he retire?" or "Who does he fight next?" What I want to to know is "Will Nick Diaz be going to prison?"

I'm watching the Post-Fight press conference & Nick just said he's never paid taxes. That's kind of a big deal. They already got Al Capone, Wesley Snipes, & Ja Rule. Nick could be next.

Those white collar correctional facilities better get ready to scrap!
    Last edited by Adambomb; 03-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

2. Default

He seriously just rambled on and on, I couldn't believe no one told him to shut the fuck up. He literally did almost nothing for five fucking rounds, and then he wants to ask for a rematch?

"No one helped me."
    "I didn't get enough training."
    "It's funny how he knew what I was trying to do..."
    "It's hard fighting 3 times a year."
    "I just had a bad first round..."

I think he just beat Tito's lifetime record of excuses all in one conference.

And the drug tests haven't even came back yet, lol.
    ------------------

I'm actually a big Diaz fan and love watching him fight. Despite all the excuses he made after saying "I don't want to make excuses" he wasn't exactly voicing them as forcefully as he has in the past. He seemed more subdued than he ever has before & is probably coming to terms with the loss.

While he lost every round, he landed some good shots in the 3rd & actually got GSP tired, which is the first time I've seen that happen maybe ever. I was very impressed with GSP's ability to control the fight & prevent Nick's scrambles. GSP landed shots while avoiding exchanges & stuck to his gameplan very well. Nick actually did a good job defending takedowns in the latter half of the fight, but couldn't string combos together as he appeared tired from the early rounds as well.

I hope he fights again. A rematch with Condit would be fun. Nick will probably need to keep fighting if he's going to pay off those back taxes & penalties.

Nick Diaz showed why skipping the press conferences would actually be better for him.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Did Diaz really just complain that no one told him what time to go to bed?

I seriously wonder what will become of him when he is done fighting. I don't think his story will have a happy ending.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Diaz crying about GSP spies in his camp? rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Diaz crying about GSP spies in his camp? rofl.
    There could be a traitor in the 209.

Or Jackson camp has the best strategies in MMA. One or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Or Jackson camp has the best strategies in MMA. One or the other.
    It was sarcasm. Anyone with access to Youtube or a few UFC DVDs knows Nick loves to give his back & roll into a scramble while grabbing the arm or leg of an opponent. GSP is the first fighter I've ever seen to actively & mindfully prevent that by staying to one side or the other & refusing to take his back. It's a testament to both GSP's gameplan & wrestling ability to pull that off.

Diaz was hilarous at the postfight press conference and surprisingly easy to understand, its like he wasnt even high. He did a good job selling this fight and he did seem flat in the fight hardly boxing with gsp even when he had a chance. I thought that wss strange. I hope he rematches condit if rory isnt ready soon

Thread Information