Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendricks

Default Hendricks

Reading comments here and I am left with this sickening feeling that whatever he does it will never be enough. Condit was the #2 WW in the world and IMO is still massively underrated and Hendricks beat him convincingly. Not only that but it was an incredibly fun fight to watch.

Broken left hand? Doesn't matter. The dude deserves respect and even if its another 50-45 fight for GSP he has more then earned his right to step up and face the champ.

Hendricks appreciation thread. F the haters.

I thought it was pretty obvious he won rounds 1 & 2. It was a great fight & he's the most solid #1 contender I can remember the UFC ever having. Beating 4 straight top 10 opponents (Fitch, Kos, Kampmann, Condit) is something only champs of divisions normally do.
    “Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.”

So takedowns win fights now even if you don't do anything once you have your opponent to the ground. Condit was more active off his back and actually did more damage from the bottom.
    Win via Arm Triangle Rd 2 1:45 !!

Quote Originally Posted by marko View Post
    So takedowns win fights now even if you don't do anything once you have your opponent to the ground. Condit was more active off his back and actually did more damage from the bottom.
    What have you been watching the past 10 years?

Hendricks fought in the UFC tonight and played by UFC rules and based on those UFC rules he won in convincing fashion. Regardless of what you think the UFC rules should be is in no reflection of the current rules of said UFC.

What else does Hendricks have to do? Clear the fucking division he is not champion of?

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    What have you been watching the past 10 years?

Hendricks fought in the UFC tonight and played by UFC rules and based on those UFC rules he won in convincing fashion. Regardless of what you think the UFC rules should be is in no reflection of the current rules of said UFC.

What else does Hendricks have to do? Clear the fucking division he is not champion of?
    Im not saying your wrong but the problem is the rules are interpreted different by different people and the decision changes depending on the wack job judges
    Favourite fighters BJ PENN, Edson Barboza, Shogun, Wanderlei, Grey Maynard, Chuck Liddell, Thiago Silva, Genki Sudo, Chris Lytle,, Micheal Mcdonald

Hated fighters GSP, Anderson Silva, Micheal Bisping, Josh Koscheck, Jon Jones,

Nowhere in the rules does it say a takedown earns a point. 12 takedowns means there was alot of getting up. Condit did more damage standing and on the ground. Despite being taken down he was the clear aggressor. Stupid judges score takedowns like knockdowns
    Its crazy to score this fight and the gsp-diaz the same. In the main event gsp gets the better of diaz standing lands takedowns that completely nullify diaz who cant get back to his feet on his own. Meanwhile condit was the aggressor standing getting the better of the exchanges he gets takedown and gets back up without taking damage. Diaz is crazy but even he saw condit should have gotten the decision

I don't see any discrepancies. I thought it was 29-28 and so did all 3 judges. Looked like a very clear cut and obvious fight to score based on the rules of the UFC.

Based on the past decade on the way fights are scored in the UFC you are saying that Condit won this fight and the judges scoring the fight for Hendricks strayed from the conventional way UFC fights are usually scored?

Condit won the standup? His highlight was a knee that hit Hendricks as his head was already moving upward. Keep it up MMANews forums, explain to me further how Condit got robbed.

8. Default

I don't think Condit was robbed, but I do think it was a razor-thin close fight. Condit won the striking and did much more on the ground as well, but Hendricks weathered the storm every time with his takedowns as well as a few beautiful slams.

Both were extremely impressive and they both cemented their spots as the number 2 and 3 welterweights.

Make the following matches:

GSP vs Hendricks
    Ellenberger vs Maia for #1 contender
    Condit vs Kampmann rematch
    Diaz vs Rory if Nick stops being a baby.

Then the winners of Condit/Kampmann and Diaz/Rory can face off while the winner of Ellenberger/Maia takes on the winner of GSP/Hendricks.

If GSP beats Hendricks and decides to fight Anderson and retire, then the winners of the aforementioned matches can fight for the vacant title.

Everything is nice and neat.
    ------------------

You guys do realize that takedowns hurt right? There was a reason that Condit was dropping down without a fight on some of the takedowns, it is because it doesn't feel good to get picked up and slammed down. Don't believe me? Please get a wrestler to demonstrate on you.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

i just finished watching the fight now. it was really really close. but i did think condit deserved a split decision. he won the majority of the stand up battle, attempted submissions when taken down and johnny really didn't do much damage on the ground.

it was close. another fight showing the need for the scoring criteria to be changed. or for better fucking judges. or both.
    lemme touch your feet

Thread Information