+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Askren: “I am 100% sure I could beat GSP.”

Default Ben Askren: “I am 100% sure I could beat GSP.”

Ben Askren:

Bellator welterweight champ Ben Askren has never lacked confidence in his career and rightfully so. After all, the decorated amateur wrestler is 11-0 since taking his talents to the cage, beating the likes of Lyman Good, Jay Hieron, Douglas Lima, and Karl Amoussou along the way. However, he may have actually bitten off more than he can chew this time around.

Like countless others, Askren tuned in to UFC 158 last night where he watched Georges St-Pierre successfully defend his title against Nick Diaz. Rather than praise St-Pierre’s performance in a one-sided decision win over Diaz, the approach GSP employed left a different impression on Askren.

“I am 100% sure I could beat GSP,” wrote Askren on Twitter. “GSP is no longer an aggressive striker. He will not out wrestle or grapple me. He gets tired.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I am 100% sure he couldn't.

I think this version of gsp... he could give him a damn good run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Big Country View Post
    I think this version of gsp... he could give him a damn good run for his money.
    Then you sir, are retarded.

5. Default

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

id go as far as saying Asken wouldnt take GSP down once and GSP would out class him on the feet. Just my opinion though.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Then you sir, are retarded.
    I wasnt impressed with GSP in the Diaz fight. Call me retarded then and sign me up for the short bus.

Wow I wonder how many people wouldn't fall asleep during that fight

I agree with big beard. His stand up pretty much consisted of leg kicks to the right leg, a jab and a superman punch versus Diaz. Yea he threw a head kick here n there but I didn't see too many crosses or combinations. Coming from a black belt in certain stand up martial arts I'd hope to see more then what I saw Saturday, but just my opinion though.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Gsp would use the same gameplan he did against Shields and Kos... He would keep the fight standing and beat a below average striker in Askren

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information