+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tim Boetsch: “Sometimes you learn a lot more from a loss than you do from a win…”

Default Tim Boetsch: “Sometimes you learn a lot more from a loss than you do from a win…”

Tim Boetsch:

“The Barbarian” will take to the Octagon a new fighter thanks to the lessons imparted by his fall to Philippou.

“At first it was really hard for me to digest. I was upset because I felt I was the better fighter until things started to happen. But as I’ve taken a step back and looked at things, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and had I won that fight I would have been very close to a title shot and perhaps at that time I wasn’t quite ready,” said the Maine native in a recent interview with the Bangor Daily News. “Sometimes you learn a lot more from a loss than you do from a win, and I think I’m a lot mentally stronger now.”

The 32-year old Boestch believes a win over Munoz should put him back in line for a crack at contendership if not score him a title-shot as is considering champion Anderson Silva is scheduled to defend his title against Chris Weidman on the same card.

“There’s a lot of talent in the division, but if you look at my resume it’s hard to argue that it’s not one of the best resumes in the division,” said Boestch, saying he sees Silva as a genuine possibility if the Brazilian beats Weidman and he can seal the deal against Munoz.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Winner of this fight should fight the winner of Bisping/Belcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    Winner of this fight should fight the winner of Bisping/Belcher.
    If boetsch win than yes, he should fight the winner of bisping/ belcher but if phillipou wins, he should be fighting winner of Belfort/ rockhold for number one title contender.

Edit: how the hell did I forget their fight damn
    Last edited by cosmicsunn; 03-20-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Its well known that the best way to learn from something is by fucking up. My response to Tim is no shit...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

the loss to phillipou doesn't set him back this far. he essentially got TKO'd for having his eye gouged out by an underrated contender. a win over munoz should easily put him in the bisping/belcher range
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information