Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Askren: “I am 100% sure I could beat GSP.”

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    I agree with big beard. His stand up pretty much consisted of leg kicks to the right leg, a jab and a superman punch versus Diaz. Yea he threw a head kick here n there but I didn't see too many crosses or combinations. Coming from a black belt in certain stand up martial arts I'd hope to see more then what I saw Saturday, but just my opinion though.
    I don't think gsp wanted to do any traditional boxing stand up with Diaz. I don't think it was anything to do with him lacking, just game plan against a very good boxer.

Askren is supremely confident in his wrestling, but I think at the least GSP has enough wrestling to stop Askren's takedowns. In the striking, it's not even close. I still think GSP will lose to a guy with power who can stop his takedowns, either because someone comes up through the ranks or he slows down.

I like Hendrick's chances of winning, he was rubbing me the wrong way with his constant call outs of GSP but I think he's just really fired up. Also, his ability to close the distance against Condit really impressed me; those leaping hooks are killer. Also, I'm seeing GSP's striking defense declining. It's always been his weakest link, but he tightened up that part of his game but now he got caught by both Condit and Diaz.

Zombie is born!

GSP by worse than what he did to Fitch.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    Also, I'm seeing GSP's striking defense declining. It's always been his weakest link, but he tightened up that part of his game but now he got caught by both Condit and Diaz.
    Who are both incredibly good strikers...Silva got caught by Sonnen...everyone gets hit except Flloyd Mayweather haha.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Funny how people talk like GSP was fighting a couple of bums instead two of the top contenders in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Who are both incredibly good strikers...Silva got caught by Sonnen...everyone gets hit except Flloyd Mayweather haha.

“I am 100% sure I could beat GSP,”

Yeah? Well no one's 'askren' you.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    That was the first time Silva had ever been caught clean though. And after that fight, I think most people felt that Silva's decline was imminent. Also, there was a time when no one was hitting James Toney, B-Hop, RJJ, etc. Once Floyd starts getting hit, he'll decline quickly.

Usually, champs who depend on shutting down their opponents offense start losing once people can crack their defense.

Zombie is born!

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    That was the first time Silva had ever been caught clean though. And after that fight, I think most people felt that Silva's decline was imminent. Also, there was a time when no one was hitting James Toney, B-Hop, RJJ, etc. Once Floyd starts getting hit, he'll decline quickly.

Usually, champs who depend on shutting down their opponents offense start losing once people can crack their defense.
    Reflexes are the first to go.

I think Askren can beat GSP, too...

in having an opinion that no one cares about.

Thread Information