Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best fight that never happened

Default The best fight that never happened

On my blog, I wrote an entry over MMA fights that had potential to be one of the greatest fights of all time, but for some reason or another never happened. For the complete list, please visit my blog at Mixed Martial Arts

The number one spot on my list is Rickson Gracie Vs. Kazushi Sakuraba. I think this is the best one because it had the potential to show that BJJ was not as effective as everyone previously thought or prove its dominance against tough competition.

What do you guys think? What is the greatest MMA fight that never happened?

CroCop and Couture!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Fedor vs Couture

Shogun and Wand in pride in 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Shogun and Wand in pride in 2006!
    This.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

there a couple guys that were offered to rickson but he wanted millions
    sakuraba, wand, and bas rutten all would have been great
    wasnt there a time when anderson said he would fight fedor?

Well im going to say fedor vs barnett, not only because that was an awesome fight at the time, but because if it actually happened we may have got to see some more amazing affliction events.

8. Default

For awhile Hughes was going to fight Franklin after TUF 2

Andersonb v Fedor

Anderson v Shogun

Randy v Fedor
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Frank Shamrock vs Bas Rutten in the SEG era UFC.

They fought in Pancrase before but obviously the rules would be completely different now and they had both evolved their game tremendously. It was the fight that was being rumored after Shamrock defended his title against Ortiz but never came to fruition because of his 'retirement'.

I would have loved to seen this, would have been a legitimate super fight, and it's unfortunate that it didn't happen. Pure speculation, but I think Shamrock would have taken it, he was on another level during his title run.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Genki Sudo and BJ Penn 2006

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information