Thread: Middleweight Brad Tavares calls out Wanderlei Silva for UFC 161

Default Middleweight Brad Tavares calls out Wanderlei Silva for UFC 161

UFC Middleweight Brad Tavares calls out Wanderlei Silva for UFC 161 - Bloody Elbow

for UFC Middleweights. Immediately after Silva knocked out Brian Stann at UFC On Fuel TV 8 he was called out by Tom Watson. Now, the last man to beat Watson has also set his eyes on the former Pride champion.When Tavares spoke with Duane Finley of Bleacher Report a fight with Wanderlei was the only thing on his mind:

"I want to fight Wanderlei Silva," Tavares told Bleacher Report in an exclusive interview. "I think the fight with Wanderlei makes a lot of sense and it would be awesome stylistically. I've been coming up the ranks and getting to fight someone I've looked up to for so long would be an awesome opportunity. It is the fight I really want and I hope I get my wish. It would be a dream come true to fight that guy.

"There is a lot that goes in to me wanting that fight. A lot people might not know this aside from my coaches and close friends, but Wanderlei has been my favorite fighter since I was a kid. There are a lot of fighters who have come along since I enjoy watching, but Wanderlei has always been my favorite. When I was growing up he was dominating over in Japan and I wanted to be just like him. I idolized the man. I wanted to fight viciously like him and the persona he carried blew me away back then."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Brad , with all due respect , you are not even close to being worthy.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Whats up with these no name schleps calling out the Wand-Father? This lame ass trend of call outs is so old i cant even put it into words. "Alex Caraces calls out Jose Aldo and asks, what has Aldo even really done to be ranked so high?"
    LJS-NEMS

A lot people might not know this aside from my coaches and close friends, but Wanderlei has been my favorite fighter since I was a kid.
    "So let me go knock him out at the tale end of his career so I can make a name for myself as the guy that beat Wandy when he probably shouldn't have been fighting anymore". Fuckin assclown.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

I really like Tavares and think he's developed quite a lot since his days on TUF, at only 25 and with tons of athleticism, he's becoming a really solid prospect....and hey, he beat Watson, so he's got that going for him.

But that said, he's not a name enough to fight Wandy. The matchup isn't compelling and it doesn't sell. Sorry Brad!

Didn't really sound like a call-out as much as a dream of Brad's to me.

These titles are killing me lately.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

The only fights that Wand is going to take are high profile fights, not against kids with zero name recognition. I wish Wand would retire now on a high note, anyone have any ideas on who would be a great for for Wand?

Brad must have had a terrible childhood, but their are easier less painful ways to forget it.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

None of Brad's fights are that good, he does alot of clinching against the cage.

11. 04-06-2013, 07:17 AM

Thread Information