Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 157's Lavar Johnson Flagged for Elevated Testosterone Levels

Default UFC 157's Lavar Johnson Flagged for Elevated Testosterone Levels

UFC 157's Lavar Johnson flagged for elevated testosterone levels | News

A post-fight drug test for UFC heavyweight Lavar Johnson (17-7 MMA, 2-2 UFC), who lost a unanimous decision to Brendan Schaub (9-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) at UFC 157, has been flagged for elevated levels of testosterone. An additional carbon isotope ratio test "confirmed the testosterone was consistent with the administration of a steroid," according to CSAC Executive Officer Andy Foster.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps) recently requested and today received testing results from the California State Athletic Commission, which also passed along word that the event's remaining tests came back clean.

Foster clarified that the initial failure was not due to an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) level, but could not provide further details on Johnson's failure at the time of this writing.

The commission tested competitors for drugs of abuse and performance-enhancers.

UFC 157 took place Feb. 23 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Johnson, who fought Schaub on the event's FX-televised preliminary-card, tried in vain to keep the fight standing, but was repeatedly taken to the mat over the course of three rounds. From his back, he asked Schaub to stand with him in the final frame and was denied.

The loss was the second straight for Johnson, who opened his UFC career with knockout wins over Joey Beltran and Pat Barry.

Recently, the UFC took a hard line on failed drug tests when it released welterweight Matt Riddle following his second marijuana infraction, and Johnson's positive test could very well jeopardize his octagon career.
    An additional carbon isotope ratio test "confirmed the testosterone was consistent with the administration of a steroid," according to CSAC Executive Officer Andy Foster.
    First I've heard of a commission doing the carbon isotope testing to detect the presence of exogenous testosterone.

How about Lavar vs Alistair. Seems appropriate.

Meh, not a suprise, the guy is a tank.

I say cut him and be done with it.

Everyone is just going to "Schuab" him anyways.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Motherfucker got shot in the stomach, thus I'm going to give him a pass.

I hope there is a good explanation here. I really like Lavar and would hate to see him get cut. Although, Cat is right, his take down defense is so dreadful I can't see him lasting long anyway.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

He never seemed like the type to roid up but you never know. Always wanted to see him vs hunt, overeem or Nelson

Every time I hear or see the words Lavar and Johnson all I can think about is his horrendous ground game and the fact that no UFC level fighter should have a ground game that bad...

I think there must be a reasonable explanation. His performance didn't exactly seem to be "enhanced"

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Positve for PED.....Negative for TDD
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Motherfucker got shot in the stomach, thus I'm going to give him a pass.
    So did 50 Cent but that dont mean Im gonna listen to his music.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information