Thread: Riki Fukuda Cut From UFC After Recent Loss

Default Riki Fukuda Cut From UFC After Recent Loss

Riki Fukuda Cut From UFC After Recent Loss - FightLine.com

A 2-3 UFC record didn't cut it for Riki Fukuda, as he was released by the UFC. Fukuda himself posted his release on Twitter Tuesday.

"I'm cut from UFC," Fukuda wrote. "I had a special experience. Thank you very much (for) all my support."

Fukuda (19-7) was defeated by Brad Tavares earlier this month at UFC On FUEL TV: Silva vs. Stann. He had previously bested Tim DeBlass, while also defeating Steve Cantwell last year.

He lost bouts to Costa Philippou and Nick Ring. All five of his Octagon appearances went to a decision.

Jon Fitch, who was also released by the UFC, replied to Fukuda on Twitter and mentioned joining him in the World Series of Fighting. The two are teammates at American Kickboxing Academy, and Fitch cornered Fukuda in Japan for the Tavares fight.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Not all that surprising. It'll be another decent acquisition for WSOF or Bellator. I guess now we just wait to hear who else is getting the ax.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Kinda surprising with UFC expanding in Asia. But I guess they have enough talent for the 1 or 2 events in Japan...
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Thread Information