Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belcher can stick his tattoo bets and Rolls Royce Phantom ‘where the sun don't shine

Default Belcher can stick his tattoo bets and Rolls Royce Phantom ‘where the sun don't shine

UFC Quick Quote: Alan Belcher can stick his tattoo bets and Rolls Royce Phantom

"He's talked about tattoo bets. He's sitting in the back of the Rolls Royce Phantom, acting like a big man and showing off because he has a rich friend. That's not what I'm about, showing off. I'm focusing on the fight. How about this? I challenge you to a fight on April 27, and the winner takes all the pride and glory. You can take your tattoos and take your Phantom and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. I'll see you April 27 and I will beat you and that's all that matters to me."

So this is the next fight where 2 fighters genuinely hate eachother and really want so much to hurt eachother and all that stuff?

I wish fighters stop talking shit, I do not think many people still buy that fake stuff.
    It is obvious that 99% of the "beefs" is just an act to promote the fight. It is not really entertaining anymore.

They talk for months how they hate eachother, then they give a subpar performance and at the end they hug, they kiss, they respect eachother so much and they are the best friends in life.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

I wish fighters stop talking shit, I do not think many people still buy that fake stuff.
    It is obvious that 99% of the "beefs" is just an act to promote the fight. It is not really entertaining anymore.
    Just out of curiosity have you played competitive sports before? In every sport I've ever played/competed in (besides maybe golf) I've heard trash talking in one respect or another. I'm not gonna say it's necessarily "part of sports" but some people will always trash talk, hype themselves up, or say whatever they feel will get under their opponents skin and motivate them self. I believe it's more part of their competitive nature rather than "beef" or for fans entertainment.

And then again you won't hear any trash talk from some people.

Hell, even GSP was trash talking in his last fight against Diaz; he just happened to bring that fire out of GSP like we haven't seen before (to my memory). Too bad it didn't translate to in-cage aggression.

Can someone explain the Rolls Royce bit? Does Belcher have a sugar daddy? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlunTForcE View Post
    Hell, even GSP was trash talking in his last fight against Diaz; he just happened to bring that fire out of GSP like we haven't seen before (to my memory). Too bad it didn't translate to in-cage aggression.
    Well, I agree that trash talk is ubiquitous in sports, but when it isn't backed up, it sucks. It's weak.

And for how often it occurs, trash talk is rarely backed up. It's just empty hype, like sonnen vs. Anderson in both fights.

meh.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Video: NFL star Wallace Gilberry bets $300,000 Rolls Royce Phantom on Alan Belcher knocking out Michael Bisping at UFC 159 - MMAmania.com

Journeymen in the NFL should REALLY take better care of their money.

Even worse, he's painting Belcher into a corner and taking away a HUGE aspect of Alan's game. The guy's got what 7-8 submissions in less than 20 wins?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Journeymen in the NFL should REALLY take better care of their money.

Even worse, he's painting Belcher into a corner and taking away a HUGE aspect of Alan's game. The guy's got what 7-8 submissions in less than 20 wins?
    Perhaps he knows Bisping doesn't own anything worth $300k?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Just out of curiosity have you played competitive sports before? In every sport I've ever played/competed in (besides maybe golf) I've heard trash talking in one respect or another. I'm not gonna say it's necessarily "part of sports" but some people will always trash talk, hype themselves up, or say whatever they feel will get under their opponents skin and motivate them self. I believe it's more part of their competitive nature rather than "beef" or for fans entertainment.

You've OBVIOUSLY never watched Happy Gilmore!
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by bingo View Post
    You've OBVIOUSLY never watched Happy Gilmore!
    Shooter McGavin: You're in big trouble though, pal. I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast!
    Happy Gilmore: [laughing] You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?
    Shooter McGavin: [long pause] No!

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I talk trash before playing video games or a game of racquetball or even ping pong, I'm pretty sure I would talk some trash before a cage fight. I'm sure all these fighters were already doing all this trash talk before during the months of preparation, only now there is more coverage of MMA so we get to hear it more often.

Thread Information