Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP Was Battling Low-Grade Fever Prior To UFC 158

I would hate fighting with a fever. I had one last week, and it would have sucked. Mine was accompanied by the pukes as well though. Good on GSP for fighting through it.

I doubt he's finished it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Man people just can't let stuff go...haha. This thread is about GSP. How long ago was Anderson's rib fiasco?

I think it's easy to see that GSP had something going on. I mean he gassed pretty bad after, what, the 3rd? That didn't seem normal but I was chalking it up to him possibly adding more muscle to get ready for a move up and not being used to it. Either way, the fight would have went the same I think. He couldn't finish Nick no matter what. GSP is a decision fighter.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by TN94z View Post
    He couldn't finish Nick no matter what. GSP is a decision fighter.
    Diaz has lost twice by stoppage, one for cuts against Noons and tko I think in 2002 by Jeremy Jackson in Pride. He went toe to toe with Daley and Daley is a destroyer, it is clear that he has some serious power and even more clear that Diaz is a son of a bitch to finish.

Daley alone has 22 wins by (t)ko
    Cyborg has finished 11/18 by a (t)ko
    Zaromskis is a killer 14/19 wins by (t)ko
    Noons too
    Even Scott Smith has some damn power and none of those guys could put him away.

To say that there is no way Georges could finish Diaz at all is really not overly surprising. I put a list of the last few guys Georges has fought and how many times they were finished. Check it out perhaps.
    http://www.mmanews.com/forums/genera...ndricks-5.html
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I doubt he's finished it yet.
    LJS-NEMS

But I'm sure GSP actually had someone to tell him what time to go to bed. Poor Nick...
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    you can really see how much his rib was affecting him here:

Clearly a rib injury.
    Yeah I guess he just mentioned it time and time again in the documentary that was clearly made before the fight for no reason at all...

...We all saw how the 2nd fight went.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't think anyone is seriously disputing Anderson's rib injury...it's just that many of his fans had blown that into "he fought with a broken rib."

Good for Georges for fighting with a fever.

EVER? Anyone watching him before 2007 has seen him gas.

rh
    I've seen all his MMA fights smartass and no i've never seen him gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Diaz has lost twice by stoppage, one for cuts against Noons and tko I think in 2002 by Jeremy Jackson in Pride. He went toe to toe with Daley and Daley is a destroyer, it is clear that he has some serious power and even more clear that Diaz is a son of a bitch to finish.

Daley alone has 22 wins by (t)ko
    Cyborg has finished 11/18 by a (t)ko
    Zaromskis is a killer 14/19 wins by (t)ko
    Noons too
    Even Scott Smith has some damn power and none of those guys could put him away.

To say that there is no way Georges could finish Diaz at all is really not overly surprising. I put a list of the last few guys Georges has fought and how many times they were finished. Check it out perhaps.
    http://www.mmanews.com/forums/genera...ndricks-5.html

I see what you are saying, and I believe GSP has "killer instinct", I just don't think he has the tools to finish within the guys at his level now. Granted the guys he is fighting are the number 1 contenders and are going to be harder to stop, but look at Anderson's fights (I only use Anderson because he is the main one compared and brought up in GSP talks). He just doesn't seem to have KO power or deadly submission threats...he has subs obviously, but nothing anyone is that worried about. How can a guy that rarely finishes an opponent be considered top P4P? Anyway, I don't want to push the thread down that road.

Good point.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

10. Default

I just re-watched GSP-Penn I. Holy shit, GSP was a different fighter back then. Compared to his present self, the old GSP fought much more recklessly. Throwing overhand rights with bad intentions, powerful uppercuts to the body, just much more aggressive striking in general. He even snatched a single leg, scooped his opponent up, turned around, and slammed him down!

------------------

Thread Information