+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP Was Battling Low-Grade Fever Prior To UFC 158

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I've seen all his MMA fights smartass and no i've never seen him gassed.
    Maybe you should watch the first fight with Penn again. It wasn't just the blood from his nose, he's actually admitted that he gassed in that fight.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

This thread derailed into "gsp doesn't finish fights" nonsense. Newsflash: the sky is blue. GSP already admitted on video he fights safe to preserve his physical health and the longevity of his career. When someone on MMAnews becomes best in the world at something you can give us the play by play on how not to play it safe.

GSP gassing early in his career isn't really applicable to the Diaz fight. He has more money and better trainers/nutritionists/scientists advising him. Look at Bones cardio before joining team Jackson.

The only fight we can draw from is the Condit fight since those 2 were the post ACL surgery fights. Condit did way more damage and made GSP work harder then Diaz did. Therefor I believe when it is said GSP had a fever which was hurting his cardio. What, you guys think Diaz was so awesome it physically drained GSP? GSP gas tank is gone because he is getting older? I don't understand what the argument is here?

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    The only fight we can draw from is the Condit fight since those 2 were the post ACL surgery fights. Condit did way more damage and made GSP work harder then Diaz did. Therefor I believe when it is said GSP had a fever which was hurting his cardio. What, you guys think Diaz was so awesome it physically drained GSP? GSP gas tank is gone because he is getting older? I don't understand what the argument is here?
    This is exactly how I was looking at it too. I couldn't compare his cardio to pre-2007 (way too outdated), or his pre-ACL injury. The only fight you could compare it to was the one with Condit. Condit did more damage and made GSP work way harder than Diaz. GSP admitted to getting tired in the 5th round against Condit but really didn't show it in that fight.

GSP's takedowns looked horrible from round 3 and beyond and it looked like Diaz was adapting and stuffing them better when in reality GSP was just lunging recklessly forward because he was piss tired. Faras said between rounds "reactive takedowns, not proactive" which translates into waiting for Diaz to strike before attempting a take down. Its a great lesson in GSP's timing and cardio (in all his other fights) to be able to take opponents down at will and how hard it is to actually get a good TD just by recklessly diving forward. Even he can't get the takedown that way.

GSP also was tying up with Diaz in the 4th and 5th. He was taking damage but did not risk getting KO'd. Wrestlers fall back on getting as close as possible to their opponent when they are hurt. GSP was too tired to make proper take downs so he fell back on grappling. It was smart to play it safe and use whatever tools he had at the time. Boring? Sure. The dude is still champion though and beat a world class opponent when he was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    This is exactly how I was looking at it too. I couldn't compare his cardio to pre-2007 (way too outdated)...
    ...for the record, I wouldn't compare them either...unless someone stated something like "Golly, I've NEVER seen GSP gas before."

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...for the record, I wouldn't compare them either...unless someone stated something like "Golly, I've NEVER seen GSP gas before."

rh
    I haven't and you're such a petty wanker!

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post

Yep, we sure did. And clearly, everything everyone says is true right? I mean, you saw it on tv right? TV never lies!
    I'm sure Anderson had no chance at winning that fight if he wouldn't have grabbed Sonnen's shorts...damn him. He ruined the dream of every Sonnen fanboy...how could he.

I actually saw it on youtube. TV does lie though. But considering it's the worst Anderson has looked in a long time, that he smashed Chael in the rematch, and that he mentions it several times in the documentary...I'm inclined to believe him.

Silva just thought there was a bumble bee flying down his shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I haven't and you're such a petty wanker!
    I'm so terribly sorry for negging you twice

after you negged me once

after I was a smartass

after you said something very, very, very stupid.

frenz?

petty pleeeze?

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information