Thread: UFC 160: Junior dos Santos will be 'prepared to fight anywhere' against Mark Hunt

Default UFC 160: Junior dos Santos will be 'prepared to fight anywhere' against Mark Hunt

UFC 160: Junior dos Santos will be 'prepared to fight anywhere' against Mark Hunt - Bloody Elbow

unior dos Santos will begin the path back to the UFC heavyweight title at UFC 160 on May 25th, but he's had to suffer through a change of opponent when Alistair Overeem dropped out. Heavy hitter Mark Hunt stepped up, and Dos Santos told MMA Junkie Radio that he's prepared to compete against Hunt on the feet or on the floor:

"You have to get prepared to fight anywhere, and I'm training a lot in my jiu-jitsu skills, and I think I'm getting even more confident in that area. If I feel I have to take him down, I will do that, and I will be looking to submit him."

He said that he learned that lesson from his loss to Cain Velasquez:

"I was trying to fight standing all the time. But it's MMA. You have to use jiu-jitsu and wrestling. So now, it's more clear to me. I have to use all my skills to win the fights, especially when you're fighting against someone like Cain Velasquez."

Speaking of Velasquez, he stated that if Antonio Silva knocks off the champ, JDS will have no problem taking on the fellow Brazilian. He also took a parting shot at Overeem, who he has been scheduled to fight twice now but stuff (positive tests, injuries) keeps getting in the way:

"I think it is a joke. He says a lot of things. He's just one more opponent. I don't care about who's going to be my opponent. Whoever the UFC puts in front of me, I'm going to get prepared to beat that guy. Now, he's not my opponent any more, so I will forget about him. I think Mark Hunt puts on a great show all the time. He's very tough, and I think it's going to be good for the fans."

2. Default

AKA I will take this fight to the ground immediately.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    AKA I will take this fight to the ground immediately.
    It would be a smart move..If JDS is confident he can submit Hunt why wouldnt he drag him down and try to sub him early. We all know what kind of power Hunt packs in his fists and how much of a threat he poses, even when shit tired. Shitty deal for the fans who want to see some exciting stand up though.

JDS has to take this fight to the ground ASAP.
    He has good boxing but Hunt is just a monster in the stand up.

JDS is a BJJ black belt under Nog, so he probably knows his stuff.
    Hunt has impropved a lot in the ground game, but I do not know how much time he would survive against a BJJ black belt.

Cigano has to take him down, look for side control and go for the kimura.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I really like the streak Hunt is in right now, kinda bummed he is in a fight where I will be rooting for the other guy. But, I don't know why people think he is much better than JDS in the striking department. Other than Cain (in the second fight), JDS has literally demolished every HW in the stand up department.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I really like the streak Hunt is in right now, kinda bummed he is in a fight where I will be rooting for the other guy. But, I don't know why people think he is much better than JDS in the striking department. Other than Cain (in the second fight), JDS has literally demolished every HW in the stand up department.
    ^^^THIS... Let's all act like Hunt is the greatest striker in MMA history here and forget that JDS has destroyed everyone he fought besides Cain. I don't get it Personally I think this fight looks like the Carwin and Nelson fights, but worse for Hunt.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bork_Lazer View Post
    I don't know if he is the better striker, but he is the most established striker in the HW division.

Thread Information